Electrics - Elan S$ SE

PostPost by: Tim Heading2INLA9B » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:35 am

On checking my indicators I have found that the brake lights 'pulse' in time to the indicator. Have checked the earth leads in the boot and all are OK. On removing the earth to the rear light the indicators still work suggesting that they are earthing through the other feeds to the light unit. I removed each feed in turn and found the indicators dimmed until on removal of the final feed they went out (as expected) ...any suggestions?
Tim Heading2INLA9B
New-tral

PostPost by: Rob_LaMoreaux » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:47 pm

On my car when I got it the ground wires in the bottom of the boot were so oxided they probably wouldn't do anything. Try adding a separate ground wire from the negative side of the battery to the lights and see if the problem goes away.

I replaced all the ground wires in the bottom of the boot and added a large ground wire from the main battery ground to every place the ground was connected to the chassis. I used 10 gauge wire for the underbonnet and behind dash grounds and a 4 gauge or larger wire to the engine block. I have not had any mysterious problems due to grounding.

Rob
Rob_LaMoreaux
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: