CV Driveshafts

PostPost by: alan.barker » Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:22 pm

DHL are NOT BETTER , they needed 6 ATTEMPTS To collect from Supplier. My supplier finally showed them how to load it. Then they LOST IT FOR A WEEK.
It was only when i phoned and told them to get off their bxxxxy backsides in the Office and do a physical walk about they found it.
Then because of the Brexit crap i got caned by Customs.
Good job the delared value was only half the true value. Plus other bits i didn't declare travelled as Stowaways in the treated and fumegated Wooden Crate.
Delivery cost by DHL was £420 without the Customs
Alan
Alan.b Brittany 1972 elan sprint fhc Lagoon Blue 0460E
alan.barker
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: RichardHawkins » Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:26 pm

My experience of parcel force has been good. I live in rural Lincolnshire, parcel force know where I am, other couriers are getting better, but I have seen DPD (I think it was) asking parcel force for directions.

Richard Hawkins
RichardHawkins
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Terry Posma » Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:14 pm

Gents,

I have had some brake pads sent to me (in Australia) through Pacelforce. They were lost.

In Aust we have a service called Interparcel. They are also in the UK and I think in the states as well. They are an agregator and will give you the choice of different services be it DHL or whatever. The thing is they deal with a lot of parcels and therfore have good swing with the freight companies. The prices are far cheaper than I could do as an individual without an account.

The service is first class and I have moved parts (large, such as a transaxle from the US and a transfer case from Germany) painlessly, at less cost than the sender could do it, quickly and without having them get lost.

This may sound like an ad, it's not, but they do an excellent job.
Terry Posma
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: samplomp » Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:37 pm

pharriso wrote:Used Hammerite on my lightly used shafts purchased from Adi:
MickMiller_DriveShafts_Adi_09102013.jpg

SMDriveshafts_Repainted.JPG

Phantastic job with the Hammerite !
Regards,
Sam.

Elan FHC S3 1967
Honda CB350F 1974
samplomp
New-tral

PostPost by: jeff jackson » Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:57 am

Hi Chaps,
I hassled Parcelforce and they finally arrived on Friday.
Posted in Aus in October 2021, Arrived UK, posted back to Aus and then posted back to UK. Arriving February 4th.
The most travelled CVDS in the world thanks to Parcelforce.
Anyhow, fitted one side on Sunday - Easy Peasy. Nearside being fitted this Saturday.
Cant wait to get the car out and drive with them.

Jeff 72+2.
jeff jackson
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Previous

Total Online: