clutch fork

PostPost by: types26/36 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:29 am

Like Roger I have never seen an adjustable clutch stop on a two seater Elan and my Sprint does not have one, the only adjustable stop on the pedals is on the accelerator pedal which is a bolt that screws into the underside of the accelerator pedal.
Brian
64 S2 Roadster
72 Sprint FHC
types26/36
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: alan.barker » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:42 am

Sorry boys it must be my old age, i'm getting the right mixed up with the left.
Could be something to do with living in Brittany driving rhd cars here. I usually get mixed with what side the Indicator Stalk is and turn on the Main Beam instead :oops: :oops:
I must go a bit easier on the red Wine the Brain cells are suffering :roll:
Alan
Alan.b Brittany 1972 elan sprint fhc Lagoon Blue 0460E
alan.barker
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: JonB » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:51 am

It's just a bolt sticking out of the firewall under the clutch pedal. My S130/5 has it. If it's not on your car, check for the bolt hole (probably, a threaded bobbin) in the bulkhead. It could have fallen out or been removed by a PO.
JonB
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: JJDraper » Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:45 pm

re pedal stop - are you sure you're not confusing it with the throttle pedal stop - see picture.

Jeremy
PS the picture shows the original and later boxes for a +2
Attachments
Pedal boxes 1.jpg and
JJDraper
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: mbell » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:47 pm

There is a stop on the +2 pedal box for the clutch. A bolt at screw in t the pedal box behind the clutch pedal.
'73 +2 130/5 RHD, now on the road and very slowly rolling though a "restoration"
mbell
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: rgh0 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:02 am

The Plus 2 has the adjustable stop, I dont think any of the Elans had it. When i first got my Plus 2 many many years ago I always had trouble getting the clutch to fully disengage unless i adjusted all the clearance out of the slave cylinder. Then I discovered the adjustable stop and it had been wound out to far by the previous owner

cheers
Rohan
rgh0
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: alan.barker » Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:51 am

Well now it's clear about the Stop only on +2 Elans. I started to think i imagined it.
I sold my +2 and so i couldn't check if i was right.
Thanks
Alan
Alan.b Brittany 1972 elan sprint fhc Lagoon Blue 0460E
alan.barker
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: JJDraper » Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:51 pm

rgh0 wrote:The Plus 2 has the adjustable stop, I dont think any of the Elans had it. When i first got my Plus 2 many many years ago I always had trouble getting the clutch to fully disengage unless i adjusted all the clearance out of the slave cylinder. Then I discovered the adjustable stop and it had been wound out to far by the previous owner

That makes some sort of sense - you live & learn. Here are some more pics showing the bolt in Situ & the pedal box. I believe the larger boss on the rear of the pedal box is for a stop light switch - never saw it fitted.

Jeremy
Attachments
DCP_1713.JPG and
Pedal boxes 2.jpg and
JJDraper
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Previous

Total Online: