Clutch Mystery

PostPost by: terryp » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:23 pm

Well its loads better now especially when I cut away a section of the sound deadening material behind the carpet at the back of the pedal
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

I don't think I can post again :oops: :oops: :oops: The shame of it all .....
terryp
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: gjz30075 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:08 pm

Well, at least you manned up and told us. Don't feel bad, we've all made mistakes like this. Just one of those 'Doh!' moments. :)

Greg Z
Greg Z
45/0243K Sprint
45/7286 S3 SE DHC
gjz30075
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: richardcox_lotus » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:19 pm

Ah, yes but surely it's your wife's fault for not noticing it when she was helping to bleed the system.

I shall now hide behind the sofa.
Richard
'72 Sprint
richardcox_lotus
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: fatboyoz » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:58 pm

Terry,
What method did you use to make your cross member removable? Perhaps a picture or two?
Cheers,
Colin.

terryp wrote:Well I got the car running today and went for a little spin and it is getting easier so fingers crossed!
Sump leak is worse so I will do that next!
Especially now I have my removable cross member!
Terry
'68 S4 DHC
fatboyoz
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: terryp » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:52 am

Thanks Greg and Richard. It's funny I had a suspicion it was my wife's fault!

Colin, picture as below, there's a post from Rohan on how to do it. Basically drill the bolt holes first and then carefully grind out the welds. Treat everything and bolt up. I think you can weld extra pieces in the end.

image.jpg and

Terry

Ps no oil leaks at the moment.... Now let's cross my fingers, where's my rabbits foot ....
terryp
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Previous

Total Online: