Diff tie bar cup washers

PostPost by: AHM » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:48 pm

Hi All,

At long last assembly is commencing!

I put the diff in today ...

Fot the tie bars I have six washers 4 like the one in the centre of the picture and 2 like the one on the right. I was told that the ones in the centre went either side of the diff lug. I checked in the parts manual and they are not listed do I need them or not?

Any ideas what the one on the left is for?

Also I have added the diff brace do I still put one of the big wash... scrub that Just read the manual!

Thanks,

Simon
Attachments
Cup Washers.jpg and
AHM
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: fatboyoz » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:09 am

Simon,
This from Section X, page 5 of the Workshop Manual for torque rod rubber assembly: "Rubber bush (next to fixed washer), cup washer with large hole, differential unit lug, cup washer with large hole, rubber bush, cup washer with small hole, and finally the nut which should be torque loaded to the loading given in 'Technical Data'".
So, the centre photo' is the 'cup washer with large hole' and the right hand photo' is the 'cup washer with small hole'. Don't know what the other one is for.
Colin.

AHM wrote:Hi All,

At long last assembly is commencing!

I put the diff in today ...

Fot the tie bars I have six washers 4 like the one in the centre of the picture and 2 like the one on the right. I was told that the ones in the centre went either side of the diff lug. I checked in the parts manual and they are not listed do I need them or not?

Any ideas what the one on the left is for?

Also I have added the diff brace do I still put one of the big wash... scrub that Just read the manual!

Thanks,

Simon
'68 S4 DHC
fatboyoz
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: rgh0 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:00 am

The left hand and right hand cup washers are the same in practice and can be interchanged I believe - just made by a different maker. The bushes and washers are the same as used on the roll bar mounting to the bolt on the bottom of the front shocks. The Left hand washer is the same as I have got in recent bush kits for the roll bar and for the diff mounts, the right hand washer I have got previously maybebe 15 years ago in the same bush kits.

cheers
Rohan
rgh0
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: