S3/SE diff cooling duct

PostPost by: ardee_selby » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:24 pm

Jens wrote:Just heard that the neigbour cleared the roof from just over 80 cm's of snow.

Hi Jens,

I guess that means 80cm's of snow is on the roads as well....so you might need a heater ! :)

Cheers - rd
ardee_selby
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Jens » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:13 pm

Actually, one of the main shopping streets in Stockholm is heated....
"Make the suspension adjustable and they will adjust it wrong - look at what they can do to a Weber carburetor in just a few moments of stupidity with a screwdriver..." (CABC)

My one problem is that distance keeps me from my Elan. (36/5395)
Jens
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:32 pm

ok heres what is on mine --[I have posted pictures before but cant find the cd now] the scoop is aluminum and fits over the oil cooler on the bottom left of the car , There should be an indentation for the cooler there in the body . You have to fit 2 fittings into the pumpkin one to the pump [ a pimp? no inspector a pump ] and out to the cooler .through the cooler and back to the dif . the lower left receives a temp gauge fitting that runs to the dash .. there is drilling and tapping involved and best remove the unit disassemble it for the process ,my unit runs cool on a hot day but your best bet is to check and fill the diff regularly ----leaks and all --blowing air to the diff is as effective as a phart in a windstorm --after SANDY leaves I ll get some pics to you --- search 26r diff scoop #6-----pics are there --ed
dont close your eyes --you will miss the crash

Editor: On June 12, 2020, Edward Law, AKA TwinCamMan, passed away; his obituary can be read at https://www.friscolanti.com/obituary/edward-law. He will be missed.
twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Quart Meg Miles » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:22 pm

Why the heck is it on the left side, in line with the exhaust manifold?

And, Twincamman, the cooler is for the diff, I assume, with an electric pump and unions into the diff casing?

Meg

26/4088 S1?
Meg

26/4088 1965 S1½ Old and scruffy but in perfect working order; the car too.
________________Put your money where your mouse is, click on "Support LotusElan.net" below.
Quart Meg Miles
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Jens » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:11 pm

Quart Meg Miles wrote:
And, Twincamman, the cooler is for the diff, I assume, with an electric pump and onions into the diff casing?

Why would anyone in his (or her) right mind put onions in the diff casing? :roll:
"Make the suspension adjustable and they will adjust it wrong - look at what they can do to a Weber carburetor in just a few moments of stupidity with a screwdriver..." (CABC)

My one problem is that distance keeps me from my Elan. (36/5395)
Jens
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Quart Meg Miles » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:48 pm

Jens,
Indeed, it's a wise man who knows his onions but my copy still reads "unions".
Meg
Meg

26/4088 1965 S1½ Old and scruffy but in perfect working order; the car too.
________________Put your money where your mouse is, click on "Support LotusElan.net" below.
Quart Meg Miles
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Previous

Total Online: