CV Drive Shafts.

PostPost by: ceejay » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:07 pm

Hi Guys.
I believe the LOG27 gathering at Aspen Colorado was a great success, it was
a pretty big event I'm told. There were also two elans from Iowa driven to
and from the event fitted with Croucher Engineering CV drive shaft kits.
See photo's and learn more here:
http://www.elantrikbits.com/CV-driveshafts.html
Col.
ceejay
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Sarah Ryan » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:35 am

Not a bad CV system but if your looking for a better engineered product then log in to the Elan factory. Do the research as all things are not the same!
Sarah Ryan
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: oldokie » Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:53 am

Well, you nipped that sales pitch in the bud!
Gene
oldokie
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Sarah Ryan » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:06 pm

Sorry Oldokie never meant to be a sales pitch just engineering excellence! Have a look at the current formula one drive shafts & those produced by the Elan Factory. The ones produced by the Elan factory are manufactured by an ex formula one engineer. Feel free to compare the two products as I did then make you own mind up.
I'm not associated with or trying to promote that company's products but it is a situation of chalk & cheese.
Sarah Ryan
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: ceejay » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:25 pm

Sarah Ryan.

Here's the facts, Croucher Engineering has manufactured CV drive shafts for well over two decades, in fact we used to supply (until about 1.5 years ago) the elan factory with these very same drive shafts you refer to, hence they got the name elan factory drive shafts, but they were all produced in my little factory located in North East Victoria Australia, it is strange how people misconstrue things isn't it.

If you are looking at the drive shaft product sheet at the elan factory... well sorry to say Sarah, but this photo was taken by me several years ago at the elan factory. My drive shafts, my photograph!
That is not some new fangled drive shaft design.

The shafts we produce today are even better than that product, so yes, there could well be a copycat version being built there by an EX F1 guy.

So if you still want a rock solid world class product that will provide years and years of trouble free motoring, go get your self the real deal... the ones with the genuine elantrikbits.com sticker on the axles.
Col Croucher Engineering Australia.
ceejay
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Sarah Ryan » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:26 pm

Settle down Col & take a little criticism on the chin. Use the comments to do better. At this point in time just let the punters decide!
Sarah Ryan
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: prloz » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:09 am

Nice try Sarah. Trouble is, the Elan Factory don't answer an email or have the time to talk on the phone - busy working on up-market Elise and Esprit. I'm sure Croucher offer better service.
Regards,
Peter.
prloz
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: robertverhey » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:20 am

Nothing but positive experienece with Elan Factory for me. Steve's happy to share his knowledge and time (via lengthy detailed email replies) even if a product / funds aren't changing hands.

My two cents worth.

Robert
robertverhey
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Sarah Ryan » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:24 am

Thank you robert my feelings exactly.

My previous comments stand based upon sound engineering observations!

This is not a discussion regarding people PRLOZ & as such you are way off the mark & no further comments are needed.
Sarah Ryan
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: garyeanderson » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:37 am

garyeanderson
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Sarah Ryan » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:03 am

Hi on the contary I did purchase rear spring platforms from Col.

No I don't own shares or have any financial interest in the Elan factory. I have on occasions purchased from them as I purchase Elan spares from all over the globe especially E-bay.

I have no beef with either party but I do subscribe & appreciate best engineering practise.

Hope that helps!
Sarah Ryan
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: batfish » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:07 pm

Sarah

What are the sound engineering practices and the the better engineering that you are alluding too in respect to the different makes of driveshaft. From what basis have you come to your opinon.
regards

Batfish
batfish
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: oldokie » Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:39 am

Move over Rohan, Sarah's our new guru, biased upon sound egineering observations!
Gene
oldokie
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: types26/36 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:34 am

Sarah Ryan wrote:but it is a situation of chalk & cheese.

I have no connections with either companies but to make a statement as above requires some sort of explanation.
I have not studied the products but as Sarah obviously has I think she needs to explain the differences between "chalk & cheese"
Brian
64 S2 Roadster
72 Sprint FHC
types26/36
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Sarah Ryan » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:19 am

Hi boys I'm free to make any comment I choose, as do all of you & no type 26/36/74 (why can you all just use your given names or is that your measurements-- sorry could help that one) I won't be offering any explanation.
I only try to inspire people to make up their own minds, most people can usually do that although I some times wonder reading this forum.
I believe there are diferences between the two products & I'm not in the market of comparing people as some have implied.
I'm sure both Steve & Col are happy to discuss the merits of their respective offerings. I have also looked at offerings from Sue Miller & would say they are a very good alternative.

Should any of you wish to discuss it with me I can be contacted in person at the upcoming Auto parts conference in Shanghai on September 26-28 at the Shanghai International Exhibition centre RP China, I fly out tomorrow.

So can we all move on I think this has been done to death & I wont be responding to any more of this but I look forward in logging on October 2nd. Enjoy!
Sarah Ryan
First Gear
First Gear

Next

Total Online: