CVs, which ones to go for?

PostPost by: sk178ta » Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:48 pm

I`m curious, without sliding splines nor the flexibility of the rotoflexes, doesn`t the rear camber change over bumps, or is it not enough to matter?
Jim
sk178ta
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:10 pm

I have TTR drive shafts on my S4, a shot of grease any time I'm under the car, job done.
They have no corrosion protection so a coat of paint when new would help.
Hindsight :roll:
The +2 version has a gaiter fitted to protect the splines but the Elan shafts are too short to provide the space necessary.
The UJ's that TTR use have a high angular displacement, something to be considered when using "any" UJ.
I would think you would run into problems using one donut & one UJ without any splines to take up the changing length during suspension movement.
John
Beware of the Illuminati

Editor: On Sunday morning, February 8th 2015, Derek "John" Pelly AKA GrumpyBodger passed away genuinely peacefully at Weston Hospicecare, Weston Super Mare. He will be missed.
GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: chrishewett » Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:52 pm

Matt,
I spoke to reco prop today. They said that they would use an engineering firm near them to make up the adaptor to fit on the diff output shaft and then fit the uj themselves. They told me that the charge to them for the adaptor would be ?120 each and they could turn the job round in about four weeks! Not much use really. Back to plan A, Mick Miller shafts and sell mine on ebay.
Chris
chrishewett
Third Gear
Third Gear

Previous

Total Online: