Body support

PostPost by: Lens4 » Wed May 10, 2023 8:08 pm

Hi what in the way of body supports is there under the boot fixing cross member ? Len
Lens4
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: 512BB » Thu May 11, 2023 7:35 am

I am scratching my head thinking of what you are refering to here Len. If you mean the piece of steel U channel that is fitted between the 2 boot hinges on an Elan, that is supposed to have horse hair type matting on top of it, between the flat of the U channel and the fibreglass.

And if the new owner of the red fixed head Sprint from the Pidlington Collection :D that sold at Silverstone Auctions recently is reading, this part is missing from your car. Clearly the world authority who authenticated the car missed that :roll:

Leslie
512BB
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Lens4 » Thu May 11, 2023 2:26 pm

Thank you for your reply I’ll try and explain your nearly with me. On the Suspention turrets there are two fat sausage shape supports one each side an upside down L shape but also to the rear of the bonnet support panel is a small sausage shape that I thort was a drain when I first spotted it but realised it was a support, on the near side there isn’t one the body had a rear end put on it at some time in its life rather badly that I have removed and fitted new nearside rear wing and boot floor , while boot floor was out I had a good view under the panel Kind regards. Len
Lens4
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: 512BB » Fri May 12, 2023 3:40 pm

Len,

You are a silly sausage, I still have no clue as to what parts you are on about, or whether it is at the front or rear of the car. Why don't you post a picture of the part you need help with.

Now, if you need a good butcher, I can recomment Jeff Pigg in Buntingford. His pork and leek, and venison sausages are out of this world. I have been going there for 30 years.

All the best,

Leslie
512BB
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Lens4 » Fri May 12, 2023 5:56 pm

Lol. I have a problem with photos tried it ones and it said my photos were too large ! It’s the rear deck panel two large sausages one on each side bonded to the turret and one thin sausage on one side think there should be one on the other side too but are they joined together the full width of the deck for support ? Len
Lens4
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: mbell » Fri May 12, 2023 6:27 pm

Lens4 wrote:Lol. I have a problem with photos tried it ones and it said my photos were too large !

You can get apps to reduce the size of photos, i use one of these or you could reduce the MPix setting on the camera to a lower number that should capture smaller pictures that you can upload.

If you put your phone model and reduce camera mpix into google you should find instructions.
'73 +2 130/5 RHD, now on the road and very slowly rolling though a "restoration"
mbell
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Lens4 » Fri May 12, 2023 6:31 pm

Thank you I’ll give it a try. Len
Lens4
First Gear
First Gear

Total Online: