Headlamp hardware

PostPost by: SimonH » Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:59 pm

Yes the blue one is a lovely looking car. If I had the money I’d have something similar I think
SimonH
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: h20hamelan » Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:59 pm

agreed
Born, and brought home from the hospital (no seat belt (wtf)) in a baby!
Find out where the limits are, and start from there
Love your Mother
Earth
h20hamelan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: 512BB » Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:59 am

HCA wrote 'If the height is not checked on the MoT, then imo it is a no brainer to change the lights and I wonder even more why people persist in fiddling with vac, pods, springs, relays and fittings!'

Maybe its because folk actually want their cars to be worth something, £ wise. A fact you have stated you are not concerned about, but I suspect, most are.

HCA also wrote 'Have a look at Verve’s converted car in the active topics - it looks a million times better than standard!'

Hmm, I wonder why it has not sold then, after 3 years?

Leslie
512BB
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: ericbushby » Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:27 am

Excuse me folks but I need to have a rant.
Surely we buy these cars because we like the look of them and the history behind them, never mind that they are great to drive.
if you want to drastically `improve` them and change their appearance, then surely you are destroying one of the main reasons for buying it in the first place.
I bought mine because I have always liked the look of it and wanted to drive one of the most famous cars produced in Britain.
If you destroy the headlamp system or add spoilers or oversize flares, you will remove some of the attraction of the car and I would definitely not buy it, in fact I would prefer not to look at it.
If you consider these mods to be an improvement, then changing the gullwing doors of a Delorian or Mercedes would also be a lot less fiddly and less complicated to use.
The Citroen DS would be a much easier car to live with if all those messy hydraulics were removed.
Would you put `improvements` to a 1930`s Bentley or an electric folding roof on a Jaguar XK 120
Two of my Grandfather clocks are over three hundred years old. They would perform much better if all that old and worn out iron and brass junk was dumped and a quartz movement fitted.
If you want to build a car of your own design and preference then build a special and enjoy yourself. It will probably be a credit to you and a thing of wonder when it is finished.
I have fitted some mods. such as CV shafts, alternator and LED bulbs which improve the reliability and safety of the car. These are not visible and are fully reversible.
The hood system on mine is crap. It is easier to drive home in the rain than attempt to erect the hood.
I should have bought an MX5 !!
Thank you, I feel a lot better now.
Eric in Burnley
1967 S3SE DHC
ericbushby
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Previous

Total Online: