Relays

PostPost by: TonyA » Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:49 am

The original 3 pin metal Lucas relay for the air horn compressor on my plus 2 s130 has failed. Questions:
Is this 3 pin horn relay available ?I have seen new Lucas 6R four and five pin relays for sale but not the 3 pin one.

I understand the aesthetics of originality, but that aside, are these Lucas metal relays: and I mean the currently manufactured, not the ' in the day originals', any better than their 'black cube' equivalents , to justify costing 30 odd quid ?

Thx..Tony A
TonyA
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: h20hamelan » Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:10 pm

Would the metal cover fit a new relay?
Born, and brought home from the hospital (no seat belt (wtf)) in a baby!
Find out where the limits are, and start from there
Love your Mother
Earth
h20hamelan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: jono » Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:16 pm

I was going to suggest that - I think you can buy a modern Durite, or similar, mini relay that will fit into the tin can
jono
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: lotusfan » Mon Mar 28, 2022 4:11 pm

TonyA wrote:I understand the aesthetics of originality, but that aside, are these Lucas metal relays: and I mean the currently manufactured, not the ' in the day originals', any better than their 'black cube' equivalents , to justify costing 30 odd quid ?

Thx..Tony A

In my view the current 'black cube' relays are at least as good as and probably better than the Lucas metal relays. I think the Bosch ones are the best and by shopping around you can get genuine ones for under £10.

The 3 pin horn relay is available from SNG Barratt but is £35.

https://www.sngbarratt.com/English/#/UK ... PMENT(3148)
Mike
72 Sprint DHC
lotusfan
Third Gear
Third Gear

Total Online: