Dash and heater support bracket type 26??

PostPost by: nomad » Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:57 am

Wondering if some kind soul with a type 26 apart could give me measurements?
I'd like to know how far up from the flange mount on the tunnel the 4 holes to mount the dash are and if those holes are concentric with the mounting holes on the tunnel. I have a later two hole dash mount that I have to redrill to mount the S1 dash.

Thanks
Kurt
nomad
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: vstibbard » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:03 am

I’d suggest easiest way is to fit the dash to the top correctly and then mark the hole centre’s according to your dashboard.
Cheers
Vaughan
vstibbard
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: nomad » Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:06 am

vstibbard wrote:I’d suggest easiest way is to fit the dash to the top correctly and then mark the hole centre’s according to your dashboard.
Cheers
Vaughan

Side to side that is a good suggestion but the fiberglass is flexible and how high the holes should be drilled would be nice to know. I had to replace the bobbin that holds the glove box and it is not drilled yet for mounting the box. I'd like to have the dash board rigidly in place before I drill and tap that. Maybe not as critical as I am thinking. I'll play with it a bit.
nomad
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: vstibbard » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:46 am

It’s not that critical, especially as the top holes in all the cars I’ve had allowed some movement.
Don’t over think it. Get dash bolted in at top, remember spacers at top, check glove box fit/alignment when happy then centre pop new bobbin drill and tap 1/4UNC and centre pop bottom bracket the drill, all done.
Most important thing is to make sure the bobbins that you bolt to spine of chassis are sitting on chassis, if not measure gap and insert spacers
Cheers
Vaughan
vstibbard
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: