1965 Elan Floor Carpet

PostPost by: ivan.wood » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:17 pm

Thanks Gary

I assume from your photo that the seat cross tube that pivots when you move the seat is in the front recess rather than the rear one? I am 183cm tall (although I am shrinking with age!!!) so I expect I will need to have my seat in the rear position. I have cut the front floor mats to go to the rear pivot position and planned to overlap it over the rear carpet once I work out how best to cut it.

Thank
Ivan Ottawa Canada
ivan.wood
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: GLB » Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:14 am

Yes the cross tube is in the front recess. The rear of the clamp is seated in the rear recess. To place the seat tube in the rear you reverse the clamp and the clamp now seats in the front recess. You can see the end of the precut JAE mat. I think if you could cut the carpet longer and extend it rearward that would be a good thing.
GLB
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: ivan.wood » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:30 am

ericbushby wrote:Yes, Sue is still open. She is trying to work four days a week now. Try again Monday.
Eric in Burnley
1967 S3SE DHC

Hi Eric, tried emailing Sue and phoned twice but no reply; not sure what else I can do? Any recommendations?

Thanks

Ivan
ivan.wood
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: mbell » Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:48 am

I think you just need to keep trying. She's a one person operation and does everything herself, which means she's not always there to answer the phone and has to balance email against processing her existing orders to get them out quickly.

I'd expect she's particularly busy at the minute with people doing lock down projects.
'73 +2 130/5 RHD, now on the road and very slowly rolling though a "restoration"
mbell
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: ericbushby » Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:31 am

Hi Ivan,
I received emails from Sue on Friday and email and parcel on Monday. Expecting another delivery today.
Maybe it is just me and maybe others taking up all her time.
Then I have to phone her to pay for all this stuff.
I should be finished for a while then.
I am frozen out of the garage and can`t start fitting all these parts yet. It is -1 in there.
So many people are repairing their cars while we are shut down and can`t get out for a while.
The system does work,
Best of luck
Eric in Burnley
S3SE DHC (water pump job)
ericbushby
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: ivan.wood » Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:20 pm

ericbushby wrote:Hi Ivan,
I received emails from Sue on Friday and email and parcel on Monday. Expecting another delivery today.
Maybe it is just me and maybe others taking up all her time.
Then I have to phone her to pay for all this stuff.
I should be finished for a while then.
I am frozen out of the garage and can`t start fitting all these parts yet. It is -1 in there.
So many people are repairing their cars while we are shut down and can`t get out for a while.
The system does work,
Best of luck
Eric in Burnley
S3SE DHC (water pump job)

Hi Eric,

Can you confirm Sue’s contact details:

Telephone and fax: 44 (0) 1728 603307

Email: [email protected]

Thanks

Ivan
ivan.wood
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: ericbushby » Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:13 pm

Hi Ivan
Yes, that is correct, good luck.
My package from sue has not arrived yet. However as it is too cold to do anything, I am not bothered.
Lovely cold and sunny winters day today, been out walking. A proper rucksack and sandwiches walk. The mud is all frozen. It was great.
Cheers
Eric in Burnley
ericbushby
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: ivan.wood » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:24 pm

I cross country skied 16 km yesterday in 2ft of lovely snow at -6C.

Have tried to work in the garage but don’t spend too long out there at -5 or -6!!!!

I will keep trying to get hold of Sue, a may be shipping stuff overseas these days is difficult for her?

Cheers

Ivan
ivan.wood
Second Gear
Second Gear

Previous

Total Online: