window frame settings : what's the matter ?

PostPost by: mini90 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:19 am

Hi all

i've got a problem with my doors or window frames :

as you can see in the photo, the window frame doesn't follow the roof profile
It need to move back of the car and go done on the font top

The door is in hit's maximum rear position because the door lock and stricker plate are really closed
Fiberglass Doors looks matching number with the car (id n° of the car is engraved on the iner panel)

Is the frame can moves in the fiberglass panel ?
Maybe I haven't got matching frames with the car and they are factory paired with the body ?
mini90
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: alanr » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:51 am

My thoughts are that I think you have to come to terms with the fact that these are hand made fibreglass cars of yesteryear!
Yes by spending hours/days/weeks adjusting/ tweaking the adjustment of the door hinges you may or may not improve the situation but you aren't going to get the door/bonnet /boot small shut lines of a modern car on an old Lotus!
If the doors currently close easily you may have to just accept the situation. It depends how much time and or money you wish to spend trying to get it better.

Alan
Alan
'71 +2 S130/ 5speed Type9.
alanr
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: rgh0 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:07 am

The door lines look pretty good. You can adjust the window frame position in the door with some effort depending on how far you want to more it, to even up the fit lines of the frame to the roof and pillars. Infinite time and effort can get the fit lines like a modern car but then its not a Lotus !! :lol:

cheers
Rohan
rgh0
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elanfan1 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:24 pm

Nice shorts!
Steve

Silence is Golden; Duct Tape is Silver
elanfan1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: baileyman » Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:58 pm

Cannot recall Plus 2 frame adjustment method, but I recently adjusted 26 S2 frames and found I had to judiciously enlarge the already large bolt holes to allow sufficient movement. And it's still a Lotus. John
baileyman
Third Gear
Third Gear

Total Online: