Wiring loom to door

PostPost by: NYK » Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:36 am

Can anyone post a photo that shows the wiring loom spur that goes to the door. I’m interested to see where they go through the top right of the footwell near the door shut (marked on photo).
Thanks
A8508280-40BE-4509-BDE3-23ADFD39F7F3.jpeg and
NYK
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Gazzerb » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:25 pm

NYK

Hope the photo (turn it 90° clockwise...) shows what you require i.e. the hole in the body where the door wiring enters the cabin.
The dimensions for mine are; height to hole centre above flat surface of the cill is 10". The hole centre is 1 3/4" in front of the glass fibre flange. The diameter is about 5/8" or just large enough to accept the steel wiring conduit and passes through both inner and outer skins.
Obviously it is important that this hole lines up with the larger hole in the front of the door!
Please ask if you require any further information and I will do my best to help.
Regards
Gary
Attachments
Door Wiring Hole in A Post  2.jpg and
View Inside 'A' Post
Gary

1972 Elan +2 S130/5
2001 Elise S2
Gazzerb
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: NYK » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:06 pm

Gazzerb wrote:NYK

Hope the photo (turn it 90° clockwise...) shows what you require i.e. the hole in the body where the door wiring enters the cabin.
The dimensions for mine are; height to hole centre above flat surface of the cill is 10". The hole centre is 1 3/4" in front of the glass fibre flange. The diameter is about 5/8" or just large enough to accept the steel wiring conduit and passes through both inner and outer skins.
Obviously it is important that this hole lines up with the larger hole in the front of the door!
Please ask if you require any further information and I will do my best to help.
Regards
Gary

Thanks Gary, are the wires hidden behind the carpet or do they come through the carpet?
NYK
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: MarkDa » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:25 pm

Shiny pedals :D
Wouldn't get past UK annual safety check :D
MarkDa
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Gazzerb » Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:35 pm

NYK
As this part of my car was stripped out when I bought it, I am not certain how the wires should be routed. Would anticipate they turn vertically upwards under the carpet and felt. I don’t recall seeing any wires on other Plus 2s passing through the carpets.
Any other members able to help us please?
Gary
Gary

1972 Elan +2 S130/5
2001 Elise S2
Gazzerb
Second Gear
Second Gear

Total Online: