Front fog/driving light recess body moulding

PostPost by: The Veg » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:45 pm

Foxie wrote:
alan.barker wrote: <snip>
You need the plastic covers for them because being so low the Lenses will get broken by stones.
They are Lucas square eight with a little clear part to see if you have left them switched on.

It's true that they are vulnerable. I've replaced mine quite a few times in 33 years of Lotusing, but what's the point of having them if they're covered up ?

And why would they be switched on if they were covered anyway ?

I use mine most the time as daytime running lights, and they're always available on the headlamp flasher stalk. :)

To manyof the big high SUVs on the roads these days, a little low fast Lotus can be very near to be being invisible :o

I don't know what the material is called or where to get it (although I suspect that it is a 3M product), but I have had lens-protectors for my motorbikes that are made of a flexible clear plastic film about 3/32" thick IIRC, with an adhesive backing. The stuff works! Put that on the lights if you use them all the time.
1970 Elan Plus 2 (not S) 50/2036
2012 BMW R1200GS
"It just wouldn't be a complete day if I didn't forget something!" -Me
The Veg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Rich135 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:30 am

Mine is a '70 and has the black plastic surrounds - I believe the front end is original.

Does anyway know where I can buy a R/H side black plastic light pod, as mine is a bit cracked/broken? Part number appears to be 050B1614 but SJ Sportscars only sells the L/H side one!

Many thanks

Rich
Rich135
Second Gear
Second Gear

Previous

Total Online: