Bonnet and liner/sound proofing

PostPost by: Bud English » Wed May 09, 2018 9:17 pm

Mine as well, a cutout for both the stromberg bulge and the rad cap. What will crack fiberglass that has never been cracked before is the garage forgetting to put the cap, sitting on the rad next to the filler, back on and closing the bonnet. :wink:
Bud
1970 +2S Fed 0053N
"Winnemucca - says it all really!!"
Bud English
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: RichC » Thu May 10, 2018 7:13 am

when i rebuilt mine i reinstalled the radiator as low and far back as possible yet still have contact between the cap and thin reflective foambacked heatshield. It's not really a problem but you can just about make out the bonnet is being pushed up when closed .
I think the only solution remaining (and i don't feel brave enough to do it yet) is to take a hammer and plank of wood to the radiator cap and lightly tap it down.... :wink:
RichC
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Sea Ranch » Thu May 10, 2018 8:55 am

Or take the rad out and to your friendly neighborhood rad repair place. Ask them to shorten the neck on the filler. Wouldn't take much, right?
Sea Ranch
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: alan.barker » Thu May 10, 2018 9:05 am

Fit Rad lower or remove the Rad Cap and get it blanked off. Then fit a "Civeboy" alloy Thermostat Housing with integral Rad Cap :mrgreen: or a Swirlpot half way along the top Rad Hose.
Alan
Alan.b Brittany 1972 elan sprint fhc Lagoon Blue 0460E
alan.barker
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: RichC » Thu May 10, 2018 4:23 pm

I think my 10 second remedy is not without merit..
RichC
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Previous

Total Online: