S4 crashpad value

PostPost by: PaulFinch » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:16 pm

Hello chaps,

I?m contemplating having a clear out of all the bits that came out of my S4 when I turned it into a race car including the pretty much immaculate interior.
I have a fair idea of the value of most of the bits but what do you reckon an original very early S4 (single central demister grille) is worth?

Thanks in advance...
PaulFinch
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: elanfan1 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:51 am

Haven't seen or heard of an original going for some years. I sold one at the last Stoneleigh show (how many years ago was that?) for either ?225 or ?250! The copies were available but didn't match up to the original. Can't answer your question sorry but I guess eBay might be a way to find out. Think they have a max selling fee of ?1 offer at the moment.
Steve

Silence is Golden; Duct Tape is Silver
elanfan1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Frogelan » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:55 am

I bought just before Christmas a S1/S2 crashpad in medium condition (ie it will need either a really good clean or being recovered) for ?80 and the grille for about the same. The grille (also fitted I believe to the Ford Corsair and GT40) was ?90 but will need to be stripped and repainted.

Original parts in very good condition are rare. I think most folks would prefer to pay at least double this especially as the parts are highly "visible".

Last nugget of information, certain FIA HTP inspectors (for pre-31/12/1965 cars) are quite rightly clamping down on cars without crashpads and with tacky non-timber dashboards. Quite a few of the FIA GTS10 Elans for sale are not going to have their HTPs renewed without expensive rectification.

Might I suggest you keep your parts!
1965 Lotus Elan S2 26/4022 (originally Dutchess Lotus East, PA and NJ Area, USA)
Frogelan
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: