Fitting a Zetec into an S4 elan

PostPost by: redhatman » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:35 am

Having started this project a few years ago, using a new 26R chassis together with T5 gearbox, TTR suspensions etc, the currents engine mounts are the Race type supplied by Kelvedon. However, another elan owner who recently tried these mounts on his road going Elan, described these as not suitable for a road going Elan, as they are too harsh and vibrate. Looking back on previous threads about fitting Zetec engines, does any body have experience of fabricating or using other mounts to locate the 2ltr Zetec engine..?

Redhatman.
redhatman
New-tral

PostPost by: prezoom » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:27 pm

Try looking in the Mods section for the Zetec into a Plus2 thread. C42 designed a very simple method of engine mounting, using the original left side mounts, which I copied for my installation. Very happy with the out come. This also gets the mount further away from my 4-2-1 exhaust, which is routed forward of the mount. All tubes are attached to a Dunnell Engineering exhaust flange, and the whole system can be removed from the engine bay without taking anything else apart. I did make a heat shield for the rubber mount just because.
Rob Walker
26-4889
50-0315N
1964 Sabra GT
1964 Elva Mk4T Coupe (awaiting restoration)
1965 Ford Falcon Ranchero, 302,AOD,9",rack and pinion,disc,etc,etc,etc
1954 Nash Healey LeMans Coupe

Owning a Lotus will get you off the couch
prezoom
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: