Original seats mounting

PostPost by: zimzum » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:43 am

Hello,

My Elan Sprint is currently fitted with some nice after market bucket seats. Thay are beautiful but very uncomfortable for road use. I have the original seats as spare parts, but I have no idea how they were fitted. Does anyone have pictures of how they should be fitted properly?

Thanks for your help!
Caterham 1600K SS
Paris, France
zimzum
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: nmauduit » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:55 am

on my s4se the seats are held by 2 clamps (part 26 on the manual) to the floor on the front bar, and it is resting on a rail next to the transmission shaft tunnel (part 27 on the manual) : you can check the manual online on Rdent's site (no affiliation) at http://www.rdent.com/manuals/ then interior/seats

elan-seat.jpg
elan sat mounting
elan-seat.jpg (41.67 KiB) Viewed 1276 times

ps: PM sent
S4SE 36/8198
nmauduit
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elanfan1 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:00 am

You should have 4 pieces of roughly L shaped metal that bolts to the floor. This is effectively the seat runner - it can be shaped so the rearmost 'feet' at the back edge of the seat slide into it to stop the seat tipping forward under braking. Then there should be 4 brackets maybe 60mm x 100mm (I'm guessing) that are like an elongated S shape that fit over the front seat rail and then again bolt to the floor - these can be fitted in two orientations depending how long your legs are.

The parts will almost certainly be on Paul Mattys website.
Steve

Silence is Golden; Duct Tape is Silver
elanfan1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: nmauduit » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:11 am

yes, there are 2 versions of seat mounting for Sprints, I'm don't know when exactly they switched from the "tilting" to the double "safety" rails non tilting version, but seeing that your car is a 1972 version it could originally have had the later mounting (not the simple L resting rail)...
S4SE 36/8198
nmauduit
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: zimzum » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:42 am

Thanks, I didn't know this website!
I will call Paul Matty to check availability of those parts.
Caterham 1600K SS
Paris, France
zimzum
First Gear
First Gear

Total Online: