"Moustache" Fixings

PostPost by: JohnP » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:05 pm

I have obtained from a kind member of this forum, a grille trim moustache for my Plus 2. Unfortunately there are not quite enough of the little plastic fittings with it (the gentleman did point this out to me at the time so I have no problem with that), however, I am wondering if anyone knows where I gan get another one of them.

Pictures attached. I am sure that they are regular trim fittings of some sort but have no idea how to search for them (There weren't any in the little boxes of bits which came with the car).

I do hope somebody can help because I feel that driving your plus 2 around without the grille trim is a bit like walking down the high street knowing that you have missing fly buttons on your trousers!

Please save my embarrassment!

John
Attachments
p1040031.jpg and
p1040030.jpg and
JohnP
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: alan.barker » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:37 pm

I would make small squares from metal sheet to slide inside trim. Then tack weld threaded studs, so you can put nuts the other side. I did this when i had a +2 to stop someone removing the trim.
Alan
Alan.b Brittany 1972 elan sprint fhc Lagoon Blue 0460E
alan.barker
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: draenog » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:14 pm

alan.barker wrote:I would make small squares from metal sheet to slide inside trim. Then tack weld threaded studs, so you can put nuts the other side. I did this when i had a +2 to stop someone removing the trim.
Alan

Fittings like this are available from SJ Sportscars (4 fixings plus a key to join the trim pieces, but they don't come with nuts). Search for "FRONT GRILLE EDGE TRIM CLIP SET". I used them without problems on my +2.
draenog
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: jeff jackson » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:10 pm

one of these is what you need...
http://www.bresco.com/acatalog/Metal__T__Bolts.html

measure the trim first and then select the T bolt you need. I got mine from Bresco years ago, so I can't remember what the part number was now...(old age).

Regards
Jeff 72+2
jeff jackson
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: JohnP » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:40 am

Many thanks chaps.

Hopefully have it sorted so I can show my face at Castle Coombe!
JohnP
Second Gear
Second Gear

Total Online: