Windshield Wiper blade arms alike??

PostPost by: tedtaylor » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:26 am

question & wanted:
Are the windshield wiper arms themselves exactly the same and interchangeable left and right?
I have two different arms, with different angles. One clearly is correct for my car, but the other seems an orphan perhaps from some other car because the angle the wiper blade attaches does not allow the blade to be parallel with the bottom edge of the windshield while at stop or rest.

if someone has one spare and would sell, please state price w/ shipping to 08035 USA.
thanks
TED
"Driving a Lotus is a triumph of bravery over intelligence." Stirling Moss
"TaylorMadeClassicCars" on WWW and Facebook
tedtaylor
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: fatboyoz » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:18 am

Hi Ted,
Can't help you with a spare arm. I had the same problem when fitting my wiper arms. Managed to fix it by judiciously bending the end of the arm in a vise to achieve the desired angle.
Cheers,
Colin.

tedtaylor wrote:question & wanted:
Are the windshield wiper arms themselves exactly the same and interchangeable left and right?
I have two different arms, with different angles. One clearly is correct for my car, but the other seems an orphan perhaps from some other car because the angle the wiper blade attaches does not allow the blade to be parallel with the bottom edge of the windshield while at stop or rest.

if someone has one spare and would sell, please state price w/ shipping to 08035 USA.
thanks
'68 S4 DHC
fatboyoz
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:46 am

Ted
I'll second the above..

John :wink:
john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear