Lenham Hardtop Seal??? please help!

PostPost by: el-saturn » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:30 am

my hardtop which i decided to use was never fitted: so it's fitting and also a new seal i need. kelvedon has a substitute as i can see BUT what i'm looking for is this: SEE SKETCH and maybe you know where i can get a couple of meters?! cheers sandy
PS there's 2 parts as you can see: the rubber profile and the strip which can also be looked at as a transparent tube with a chrom plated internal rod: all some kind of plastic. my front screen seal is similiar sj
Attachments
dsc01582.jpg and
el-saturn
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: rgh0 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:33 am

Possibly the same as used on the front and rear screens of my Elan FHC? . The filler strip is same as used in the original Minis maybe the rubber seal also..

cheers
Rohan
rgh0
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: HAIRY » Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:17 am

Lenham Motor Company Ltd
Rosehill Farm
Burnt Oak Road
High Hurstwood
East Sussex
TN22 4AE

http://www.lenhammotorcompanyltd.com
[email protected]
HAIRY
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: elanfan1 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:52 pm

If Lenham can't provide I'd be surprised but if they can't worth a look on Woolies website they stock loads of different profiles. I'd have thought windscreen rubber might be a bit tough.

The hardtop will almost certainly mark your paint if you don't protect it several layers of wax or even perhaps something like masking tape (but don't leave that on too long it's horrible once it dries out).
Steve

Silence is Golden; Duct Tape is Silver
elanfan1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: