PostPost by: Tahoe » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:23 am

Just picked this up.

2014-06-18 05.43.48.jpg and

2014-06-18 05.44.15.jpg and
Tahoe
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: nomad » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:40 am

Beautiful....is it NOS? Surely you can't get a new one stamped with the Raydot name.???

Kurt.
nomad
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Chancer » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:49 am

Probably because of the part that says "made in england" :lol:

Here in France we dont have that problem, all you have to do is import them and put them in a box with instructions etc for them to be marked and sold as medd een fronce :D
Chancer
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: theelanman » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:08 am

all this time I thought they were called Raydot....when it turns out theyre actually called Radydot.....

(its a serious comment btw........I did always think it was Raydot)

they do look nice.....

Ive just gone for the porsche ones

theelanman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Chancer » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:03 am

I thought that they were Radyot.

You live and learn.
Chancer
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Tahoe » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:25 pm

Yes the correct spelling is Raydyot, but I have no clue how you pronounce it. Is the second y silent?

It is a reproduction, but it looks the part. The few originals I've seen on eBay have sold for insane prices, but if you want original they're hard to find and are pricey. It took me quite a while to track this one down as a repro as all the ones you find are not stamped.
Tahoe
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: peterexpart » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:10 pm

Raydyot was the Trade Name for Neal & Sons of Birmingham and was registered as a manufacturer of Carriage Lights in 1848, seems sad that the products bearing that trade name are now produced in China stamped Made in England we live in such a dishonest world !!
PeterExpart
New Forest National Park
Hampshire UK
peterexpart
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Tahoe » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:02 pm

peterexpart wrote:Raydyot was the Trade Name for Neal & Sons of Birmingham and was registered as a manufacturer of Carriage Lights in 1848, seems sad that the products bearing that trade name are now produced in China stamped Made in England we live in such a dishonest world !!

I have found some who claim these are made from the original tooling in England. That is without the stamping, and the stamping is then added later, by who I don't know. My mirror has no indication of where it was made on the mirror or the box. I guess it could have been made in China, but I suspect it would have been stamped somewhere on it or would have had a sticker saying "Made in China". Given that it's a hard find with the stamp I'll just enjoy it for what it is knowing it's not real.
Tahoe
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: au-yt » Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:17 am

On the subject of mirror I stumbled on this site bit pricy but some interesting styles and Chrome California Mirrors!
https://www.fiat126ricambi.com/fiat126/Mirrors
Graeme
LOTUS Evora 400
Ginetta G27 S2
66 one-off 2.6Ltr v8 Mid-engine Berlinetta Coupe........... in restoration
..................................................Age doesn't matter unless you are a cheese................................................
au-yt
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: patrics » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:17 am

Hi,
Elanman, I brought the Porsche ones from one of the uk sellers but the glass was no good end up removing and throwing in bin - also on the Elan there wasn't enough adjustment on passenger side.

Regards
Steve
patrics
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: peterexpart » Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:54 pm

patrics wrote:Hi,
Elanman, I brought the Porsche ones from one of the uk sellers but the glass was no good end up removing and throwing in bin - also on the Elan there wasn't enough adjustment on passenger side.

Regards
Steve

I have that mirror but only on drivers side, I can see from range of adjustment that it would be no good on the near side, but the mirror does look right on the Elan, possibly looked even better on a 356 !!
PeterExpart
New Forest National Park
Hampshire UK
peterexpart
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: theelanman » Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:42 pm

patrics wrote:Hi,

Regards
Steve

Steve
Don't know how different it'd be but I'm putting them on my +2
Cheers
G
theelanman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: