rear seatbelt anchorage

PostPost by: bengalcharlie » Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:25 pm

Hi,

My 69/70 federal plus two has no seatbelts in the rear and I wonder if seatbelts have ever been fitted from the factory?
I would like to fit some lapbelts so my little one can come along in her car seat.
can anyone tell me the exact mounting locations for the seatbelts?
I thought there was a mounting into the chassis but I can not find anything.

Robin
bengalcharlie
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: ppnelan » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:48 pm

Robin,

The Elan+2 Workshop Manual states that "Lap-type rear seat belts are fitted as original equipment to cars designated for US Federal territories" - see Section B - Body - B.31. It tells you how to fit the two plates (with nuts welded on) underneath the body, to provide mountings on either side of the rear seat squab at the rear bottom corners of the seats.

My later (1972) UK car has the plates fitted as standard - I just had to clean out the threads to fit the lap belts.

Good luck !
Matthew
ppnelan
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: john-c-elan+2 » Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:44 pm

The mountings for the rear belts on my car (1973 +2) are accessed when you remove the rear seat bases, one mounting plate bolted to the body each side, with threaded boss in centre of them. The outer one is visible under each rear wheelarch ? Mine were rusty and had to be replaced so I cud use lapbelt to fix childseat. jc
john-c-elan+2
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: berni29 » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:45 pm

Hi

Ditto the lapbelt montings on my green car, but my other +2 had proper diagonal belts in the back with the top mounting provided by the body turret which had been strengthened with metal plates.

Berni
Zetec+ 2 under const, also 130S. And another 130S for complete restoration. Previously Racing green +2s with green tints. Yellow +2 and a couple of others, all missed. Great to be back 04/11/2021 although its all starting to get a bit out of control.
berni29
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: bengalcharlie » Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:06 am

many thanks guys!

another job to tackle! when does it stop????

Robin :shock:
bengalcharlie
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: john-c-elan+2 » Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:11 pm

Eh, ongoing project ? I just gotta fix....., Next week maybe, Next year probably. Oh when I did that I found this......sound familiar ? jc

The Spanish have the right idea - Manyana (or however you spell it)
john-c-elan+2
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: fasterbyelan » Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:12 am

bengalcharlie wrote:many thanks guys!

another job to tackle! when does it stop????

You own a Lotus - the jobs never stop!
Karl 8)

1970 S4 FHC SE
fasterbyelan
Third Gear
Third Gear

Total Online: