Clear windshields

PostPost by: twincamman » Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:16 am

Kieth --you must be close to done if you're putting the wind shield in -----are you going to Brontie????I must sacrifice a chicken and read the entrails before each journey now ----ed law
dont close your eyes --you will miss the crash

Editor: On June 12, 2020, Edward Law, AKA TwinCamMan, passed away; his obituary can be read at https://www.friscolanti.com/obituary/edward-law. He will be missed.
twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:16 am

Kieth --you must be close to done if you're putting the wind shield in -----are you going to Brontie????I must sacrifice a chicken and read the entrails before each journey now ----ed law
dont close your eyes --you will miss the crash

Editor: On June 12, 2020, Edward Law, AKA TwinCamMan, passed away; his obituary can be read at https://www.friscolanti.com/obituary/edward-law. He will be missed.
twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: saildrive2001 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:22 pm

Glad things worked out for you Andrew & I hope that everryone else who ordered will be similarly pleased. It seemed the only way that I could get a genuine clear replacement windshield for my car so was well worth the effort involved. I haven't received mine yet most probalby due to delays at the customs.
In answer to twincam man, no I am not ready for Bronte. I was hoping to get the car ready this summer but unforseen delays due to other projects at home means I haven't touched the car for about 5 months. I am hoping to get back to it soon. Engine & transmission in the chassis & just half way through wiring in the engine bay.
Keith Marshall
69 S4 SE DHC RHD Original owner
saildrive2001
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Ross Robbins » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:21 pm

Well the Wells Fargo stage arrived out here in the Wild West today with the two windscreeens in a packing crate designed for at least a dozen Dodge Ram 2500 windshields. These two little pieces of glass looked lost in there as if they were in a jail cell rather than a shipping crate. The plastic banding material was amazing though; very tough yet flexible. I'm sure it would have some application in keeping an Elan on the road.

Now I wait until I have returned from the great eastern trip to civilization and the finery of the big city to install it, knowing full well that a rock is waiting somewhere out there in those 4,000 miles to do damage. :D
Ross Robbins
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: pharriso » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:19 pm

Well this topic is well old so I thought I'd update with some great information :D

Seems that Pilkington Classics in OH is having a sale & they can provide Green tinted windshields for $185 - 15% = $155 plus crating & delivery to a business address ($125 normal, $150 NYC :( ). So a total of $305 delivered for me.

They list the windshield as for S2-S4 1966-1973, but per prior posts it is only for the S3-Sprint.

I spoke to Randy this morning on (800) 848 1351 & ordered mine.
Phil Harrison
1972 Elan Sprint 0260K
pharriso
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Previous

Total Online: