Wind deflector for Elan?

PostPost by: gjz30075 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:29 pm

Elanintheforest wrote:Go on then...start a new thread.
Mark

No need to. It's a given. With or without the wind deflector. :lol: :lol: :wink:
Greg Z
45/0243K Sprint
45/7286 S3 SE DHC
gjz30075
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: bcmc33 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:48 pm

trw99 wrote:Sprints are better than the rest

The rest of what :?:

I'm with Alex on this. I had a prototype windshield fixed to the roll bar in an attempt to reduce the back draught, which I took off with the intention of making a "proper" one. The last drive of the Elan was late at night in October taking advantage of empty country roads - that's when I realised just how good the prototype had been.

I guess I'm getting soft in my old age. :roll:
Brian Clarke
(1972 Sprint 5 EFI)

Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional
bcmc33
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: alexblack13 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:22 pm

I will probably regret telling you all this But! .... I also have heated seats in the little BM and I don't half miss them too!! So there!!

Its ok for all you short /no haired fat arses with their balls tucked away. But I am still looking good. Might not feel it now n then but hey!!

Great quips guys. Hugely entertaining. :lol: :lol: :wink:

I will judge the best with a bottle of wine to the winner. Closes Sunday evening 1800hrs..

Ermmm.. Anyone fitted heated seats yet?

And.. No roll cage John / Guys.. I dont want to be drilling holes etc so I was thinking velcro

:lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

Alex... 8) Goggles on!
Alex Black.
Now Sprintless!!
alexblack13
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: stuartgb100 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:38 pm

Alex,

Is this really you ?

Regards,
Stuart.
Attachments
sheepskin-pilot-helmet--a.jpg
sheepskin-pilot-helmet--a.jpg (81.96 KiB) Viewed 1501 times
stuartgb100
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:05 pm

alexblack13 wrote:I will probably regret telling you all this But! .... I also have heated seats in the little BM and I don't half miss them too!! So there!!

Its ok for all you short /no haired fat arses with their balls tucked away. But I am still looking good. Might not feel it now n then but hey!!

Great quips guys. Hugely entertaining. :lol: :lol: :wink:

I will judge the best with a bottle of wine to the winner. Closes Sunday evening 1800hrs..

Ermmm.. Anyone fitted heated seats yet?

And.. No roll cage John / Guys.. I dont want to be drilling holes etc so I was thinking velcro

:lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

Alex... 8) Goggles on!

So the bottom edge to be held on to the Seat backs with Velcro.
And the top?
Suspended from a Sky Hook may be? :lol:

Oh I forgot to mention earlier that when the Elan was very popular in GB I considered it to be a Hairdressers Car (I was driving a 7 shortly followed by an Elite).
Well it still is a Hairdressers Car really, that is if Hairdressers were able to maintain them!

Light Blue Touchpaper & retire immediately :lol: :lol: :lol:
Beware of the Illuminati

Editor: On Sunday morning, February 8th 2015, Derek "John" Pelly AKA GrumpyBodger passed away genuinely peacefully at Weston Hospicecare, Weston Super Mare. He will be missed.
GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: bcmc33 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:25 pm

alexblack13 wrote:Its ok for all you short /no haired fat arses with their balls tucked away. But I am still looking good.

This can't be the Alex I know :lol: :twisted: :lol:
Brian Clarke
(1972 Sprint 5 EFI)

Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional
bcmc33
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: stuartgb100 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:53 pm

I seem to remember that Alex had/has a pilot's licence, and thought he might have
this kit stashed away somewhere ......... after all, being a Scot, he's not likely to be
throwing it away !

Question comes to mind though...

What should Mrs B wear !
stuartgb100
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: alexblack13 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:10 pm

Still have the license..No medical though.. = always need a 'second in command' in the right hand seat! Still not wearing that lot though!!

Hey ho.. Competition ends Sunday mind. Get your entry in and remember..Keep it personal!

:lol: :lol:

The velcro was a joke by the way. I would of course use cable ties..

Alex...
Alex Black.
Now Sprintless!!
alexblack13
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:24 pm

alexblack13 wrote:Still have the license..No medical though.. = always need a 'second in command' in the right hand seat! Still not wearing that lot though!!

Hey ho.. Competition ends Sunday mind. Get your entry in and remember..Keep it personal!

:lol: :lol:

The velcro was a joke by the way. I would of course use cable ties..

Alex...

O.K got it now; Cable ties & Sky Hooks is a possibility
Beware of the Illuminati

Editor: On Sunday morning, February 8th 2015, Derek "John" Pelly AKA GrumpyBodger passed away genuinely peacefully at Weston Hospicecare, Weston Super Mare. He will be missed.
GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: oldelanman » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:54 am

alexblack13 wrote:
Unlike, I suspect quite a few of you.... I still have ALL my hair....Hehh! Na na nana na.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Alex, I suspect this indicates your real motive in researching this topic and, if so, you do not need to consider any modification to the car itself as the solution has already been engineered. See below.

Originally developed for toupee wearers and called the Kytoff (Keep Your Toupee Out From Footwell ) it is equally effective in keeping comb-overs from being displaced and flapping about in front of your bi-focals. :shock: The example shown below has the optional gnat screen fitted which is guaranteed to keep all flying insects out of your teeth - particularly useful for those early evening outings. The item is very lightweight and can be stored discretely in the glovebox when not in use, it is also portable from car to car so you wouldn't need a second one for the BM.

One word of warning though....when Mrs B tells you to get your "Kytoff" she just wants to go out in the car with the top down. :(

No offence! :lol:
Attachments
kytoff.jpg
kytoff.jpg (3.51 KiB) Viewed 1303 times
Roger
S4 DHC
oldelanman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: alexblack13 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:03 pm

Too funny..Really good!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

On a serious and back to topic note. I got an answer from the company regarding will they or are they making a deflector for the Elan. Answer was no. But he did say loads of Elan owners had aked. The answer apparently is to buy one for the mazda MX5 and 'slightly' modify it. The person said not to much mods needed but did not have any details.

So.... I am going to 'borrow' one from an mx owner. 1st one I see will get 'appropriated' and test fitted for modification requirements.

Keep you posted... You keep them coming.. :lol: :lol:

Alex...
Alex Black.
Now Sprintless!!
alexblack13
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: paddy » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:42 pm

If you really can't manage from one public toilet to the next, you could always try one of these:

http://www.bumperdumper.com/bumper2.htm

Paddy
1963 Elan S1
paddy
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: alexblack13 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:58 pm

Eh!! Errmmm ..Where are we going with the toilet humour thing? I for the life of me can't see the connection with wind! :roll:

Cracking wind up that! Wonder how many they sold?

:lol: :lol:... Alex.
Alex Black.
Now Sprintless!!
alexblack13
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: trw99 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:09 pm

Alex

I have the answer! Just back from seeing Avatar at the flicks. In the film they fly around on the backs of dragon-like animals/birds and - here's the thing - in the buff!

So next time, try it out; no more annoying drafts around the neck, you can have the full body treatment. A small tail and long hair helps apparently.

Tim
trw99
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: alexblack13 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:29 pm

Flaming chittering up here just now. The thought of winging around top down in the birthday suit does not sound like the solution. Brrrrrr... And then some.

Couple of years ago a group of us set off on the bikes for the Titisee in Germany. Cuckoo clock country. Beginning of April. One would think safe enough weather wise eh? Nope! Freezing from the second we left home until we returned. Dry, but my god was it cold. We were up high in the mountains when one of our group radioed the info' that the temp was -8 deg... Brrrr. I could have lived without that bit of info!!

I think I will continue the hunt/ quest to see what is the best deflector to fit. This would need to be removable of course. and hopefully stow able either behind the seats or in the boot.

We will see.

Alex...
Alex Black.
Now Sprintless!!
alexblack13
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PreviousNext

Total Online: