Hood and trim on Sprint

PostPost by: wparslow » Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:09 pm

Anyone know if there is a supplier of high quality mohair type hoods for the Elan Sprint rather than the vinyl original. Also, anyone experienced upgrading the interior with leather rather than vinyl?
wparslow
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: trw99 » Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:46 pm

I have no experience of this myself.

However, I do know that in the 1970's some owners of S4 and Sprints had their interiors recovered in Oatmeal, similar to that available on the +2S 130's. I assume these owners may have opted for leather too.

I have seen adverts for Elan mohair hoods, though can not remember the company names. For both your questions, you could try Nick Fulcher at:

http://www.coachtrimmer.co.uk/index.html
trw99
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: robb4100 » Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:49 am

I replaced the vinyl seats with leather this last winter. The work was done by a guy who does custom auto and Marine work. The covers, back and cushions were completely replaced. Each custom made to match the ones removed. While I was at it, I got the Frames media blasted and powdercoated.

I got estimates of $600 to $750 per seat for the covers. More expensive that the vinyl cover kits but worth it. The blasting and powder coat was another $100 per seat.

Robb
robb4100
Second Gear
Second Gear

Total Online: