smiths tep gauge

PostPost by: twincamman » Sun Sep 11, 2005 12:32 am

welll I took the trip to Tornto nd bought NEW 220 DOLLAR GUAGE------LIFE TIME WARRENTY TOO -- FROM A 77 YEAR OLD GUY----WHAT A DEAL ED :wink:
twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: type26owner » Sun Sep 11, 2005 2:03 am

Ed,
Roll the extra lenght of tubing up into a coil and tiewrap it securely to the heater hose. Vibration is the killer of that tubing. It will crack open and let the ether leak out in just a few hundred hours if it's not done up correctly. Even quicker if the mid-range rpm carbie balancing was not done.

Does your new guage have the brass tube extension for inserting the lighting bulb?
type26owner
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Sun Sep 11, 2005 3:54 am

yes--its nice too see the information at night ----will do the tie wrap thing ed
twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: type26owner » Sun Sep 11, 2005 4:05 pm

Ed,
Oh hey, just remembered the bulb end that gets fastened into the head is a different size also on the one I bought. I had to cobble together a fitting by splitting two apart that had only one end the correct configuration on the lathe and silver soldering them back together to make up the right one up.

If you don't have the defroster vent and the radio right behind the gauge providing only just enough depth for the guage to be stuffed into position then maybe the routing of the oil line is not as critical as it is on an S2.
type26owner
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:26 am

nope-- mine fitted fine --and its guanteed -for life- :lol: ed
twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Previous

Total Online: