Paint Colour

PostPost by: SimonH » Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:58 pm

Has anyone got a good picture of an Elan, preferably a +2, in Bahama Yellow?

My car is this colour but it is not the browny yellow I have seen elsewhere on this site. It has been resprayed badly at some point and so I will be redoing it.

I have seen written that it is a Porsche colour and have seen a 911 that is Porsche Bahama but its more orangey. Mine is also this orangey shade so I could do with a picture of a car thats not been resprayed to compare.

Thanks,
Simon
SimonH
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Elanintheforest » Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:41 pm

Simon...there is a browney yellow called 'Burnt Sand' which is a very, um, 70s colour! I could only find 2 pics of Bahama, one is a Plus 2 but not at it's best.

Have a look at this site:

http://lotus-europa.com/colors.html
That shows all the different colours.

If you go to a Lotus show, you will see may variations of Lotus Yellow and Bahama Yellow, varied by customers who wanted something a little different I guess...or by paint shops who didn't have a clue what they were doing.
Mark
Attachments
zzbahama3.jpg and
zzbahama1.jpg and
Elanintheforest
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: SimonH » Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:14 pm

Thanks very much.

Mine is definately Bahama, code L10. It looks very like the ones in those pics and not very like the Europa on that site.

Those are both more orange than the browny yellow in the tech bit of the library on this site.

Looks like the Porsche colour is close enough if not the one.

Simon
SimonH
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: poiuyt » Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:41 pm

Why don't you just find a color you like and paint it. My 1969 Elan (see pictures in "Steve's 1969 Elan") was repainted around 1990 by the PO and the color is actually a urethane called Ryder Truck Yellow. Looks great and has won many awards.

Steve B.
Steve B.<br>1969 Elan S4
poiuyt
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: SimonH » Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:25 pm

I could paint it another colour but quite like the shade it is really.

I was curious to see if it was the correct colour as I want to keep a Lotus 70's colour on the car and the samples of Bahama I had seen I did not like.

Is there a big Lotus meet coming up soon. I seem to remember reading about one that happens late in the year?
SimonH
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: bcmc33 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:30 pm

Simon,

The Lotus Parts Fair is at Stoneleigh on 12 November. It is planned to have a big Elan show.

Regards

Brian
bcmc33
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: SimonH » Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:35 am

bcmc33 wrote:Simon,

The Lotus Parts Fair is at Stoneleigh on 12 November. It is planned to have a big Elan show.

Regards

Brian

Thanks. Better make an effort to get there then.
SimonH
Third Gear
Third Gear

Total Online: