Interior Retrim

PostPost by: andyhodg » Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:44 pm

Does anyone know of someone who can re trim the interior of my +2? I am looking to get new carpets, new headlining, door cards and retrimmed seats. Someone local to the West Midlands would be good. Any advice, experience or tips would be appreciated.

Many thanks
andyhodg
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: kevin » Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:47 pm

Hi

I had my interior re-covered by Evans Upholstry & Coach Trimmer in Peterborough. He does a lot of work for Spyder so has plenty of experience with the +2.

The contact number is 01733 205 980

There are some pictures of my interior to be found here:

http://www.lotuselan.info/january_2004.htm

SJ Sportscars sell a headlining, but it needs a fair amount of trimming to fit.

Good luck

Kevin
kevin
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: andyhodg » Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:39 pm

Kevin

Thanks for that info. Interesting web site. The photos of the dash were interesting. What is the photo "IM001442.jpg" Is it a solenoid for the vacuum pods? If so could I please have some further information on it.

Thanks again

Andy
andyhodg
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Gasman » Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:41 pm

Kevin

I looked at your site and was impressed. Who's the guy in Yokshire who does sodablasting as I'm looking into this as an option.

Cheers

Mark
Gasman
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: kevin » Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:28 pm

Andy

The solenoid is controlled by a switch on the dash to remotely control the headlamp vacuum. I think I bought the switch from either Christopher Neils or SJ Sportscars.

Mark

Details of the soda blasting company can be found here:

http://www.branova.com/knightrum/about.html

In the end I opted to sand off the paint down to the polyester primer filler. The soda blasting technique seemed to take off all of the paint right down to the gel coat, leaving many small air holes that would require repairing.

Regards

Kevin
kevin
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: chrishewett » Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:42 pm

Andy,
I bought my solenoid from Chrisneils as recommended by Andy from Spyder. However, it is not the same as the one in Kevins website. Mine works fine.
Chris
chrishewett
Third Gear
Third Gear

Total Online: