Painting an Elan.........

PostPost by: mark030358 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:56 pm

A possible future project will require the body to be painted, so can anyone tell me if Robin Alabaster is still going or is he retired?

cheers
Mark
mark030358
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Bruce Crowthorne » Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:39 pm

Apparently he is still working, but has given up his premises.
One of the othet local Elan owners had him do some work recently.

Actually I would like to contact him as well as I have stripped my Elan and it is 80% ready for paint.
So if anyone has contact details, could they post it on here?
Thanks
Bruce
Bruce Crowthorne
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: JJDraper » Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:10 am

Has anyone tried Options 1 for Lotus work? They are based near Bromsgrove and I understand do the odd bit of work for PM. I have seen their work on a TVR and it looked pretty good. I got quote for a full body refurb of ?5k on a +2. Opinions differ as to how realistic this is!!

Jeremy

PS weblink - www.option1sportscars.co.uk
JJDraper
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: pereirac » Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:23 pm

SMS get my vote

Carl
pereirac
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: alaric » Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:37 pm

Just got my bodyshell back from SMS. The finish is fantastic, and they were a pleasure to deal with. I have, however, found a crack in the middle of the front top cross member of the nose of the car, that has obviously been repaired but not successfully, and some gell coat cracking at the corners of the nose. I've also found cracks on three of the wheel arches, and a scratch on the new windscreen. Paul's been on holiday so we've not had a chance to talk yet. I'll be phoning him tomorrow to see what he proposes to do about the faults. For the money I paid, I didn't expect to find these faults, especially not within a day of delivery. I'll let you know how I get on. Paul is known as a perfectionist, so I suspect he'll want the car back to sort it out. I'm not impressed at the moment though.

Sean.
alaric
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: pereirac » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:57 pm

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I had the advantage of being able to visit SMS every few weeks or so to review progress..
pereirac
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: phatmendus » Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:47 pm

I went round to Robins old premises a few months ago and he had packed up and gone. I was led to believe that he had retired however I could be wrong. If anyone know where he may now be working from it would be useful

Simon
phatmendus
Second Gear
Second Gear

Total Online: