vacuume pod replacement

PostPost by: RobCapper » Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:06 pm

my lights' vacuume pod needs replacing... when the new one arrives, is it a fairly easy job to replace? I have no mechanical skill beyond the most simple of tasks, but am keen to try and avoid paying sopmeone to do it if I could get it done myself... is it juast a case of bolting it on and connecting it up? Is there anything more to it than that or things I should watch for?

Also - if anyone's bought one recently (+2s 130 failsafe system) where is cheapest - and how much?

Thanks
RobCapper
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: john-c-elan+2 » Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:55 pm

Rob, I have had mine out, repaired it and re-fitted it fairly recently. Its not difficult, just awkward to get at . Take the front grill out. Watch it when u take off the thicker of the two springs, as it tends to catch you out. Have the light pods up, and have someone holding them when u release the spring (or prop them up from inside the nose). While yr at it get a new plastic 'T' piece that fits on chassis front x member - belt & braces etc.. I guess Matty/Neil/SJ/Sue Miller for the pod - bout ?60. Oh and the metal plate the pod bolts to was rusted out, ditto the spacer the pod sits on (part no BN 42 - 50 b 1673, page BN 4 parts list).
john-c-elan+2
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: RobCapper » Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:03 pm

thanks - can I do this without taking the bonnet off then?
RobCapper
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: andyhodg » Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:38 pm

Hi

I managed to replace the vacuum pods on my + 2 by going in through the nose of the car - just remove the grill. No real problems access is a bit tight but its better than removing the bonnet.

Good luck

Andy
andyhodg
Third Gear
Third Gear

Total Online: