S4 Interior Trim Mouldings

PostPost by: nebogipfel » Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:58 pm

Hi All

Soonish I will be looking to buy some trim items for my Elan. I was wondering if anyone had bought any recently ........if so, where from (UK) and did they fit, do you recommend them etc?

I need, crash pad, screen pillar trims, centre console and underdash trims.

I saw some from CN a few years ago and they would probably have fitted an MGB better than an Elan!!

Thanks in advance
John
John

No longer active on here, I value my privacy.
nebogipfel
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: brian wilson » Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:14 pm

The CN stuff is terrible.

The Plus 2 crash pad just did not fit.

All their trim parts and exhaust manifolds are useless.

Speaking from frustrating experiences
brian wilson
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: tmr » Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:11 am

John:

Original-style crash pads are unavailable and the replicas are terrible. I had mine restored by 'Just Dashes' in California and the results were great. See my site for photos:

<a href='http://home.mindspring.com/~troberds/' target='_blank'>1969 Elan S4</a>

Their website is as follows:

<a href='http://www.justdashes.com/index_home.htm' target='_blank'>Just Dashes</a>

They also did the dielectrically welded seams in my centre seat trim inserts. The PVC 'basketweave' material came from Callow & Maddox Bros. in the UK (OEM suppliers).

I would suggest Paul Matty for the screen pillar trims and the centre console. I think the pillar trims are made in the UK, but the console is moulded in the USA. You might also try Susan Miller, who also manufactures the only decent windscreen rubber I've seen.

As for the underdash trims, none I found were acceptable. Comparing them to my originals, it seems that someone used the INSIDE of the originals as a pattern for the replica moulds. The replicas I purchased (came from the UK through a US supplier) were thus too small and obstructions underneath the dash interferred with correct fit. I put mine back together, reinforced them, then painted them with a high-quality (SEM brand) plastic/vinyl specific paint purchased from a body shop supply store. Use the cleaner sold with the paint (same brand) to prep them, then paint in multiple light coats. They look great and actually fit!

Hope this helps.

Tom Roberds
Kennesaw, Georgia
USA
tmr
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: mct340 » Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:31 am

R.D. Enterprises has center consol covers at $130.00U.S. plus shipping.
Has anyone tried one of these?
mct340
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: tmr » Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:42 am

I'm sure that RD buys his consoles from the same source, as I believe there's one source for the manufacture of them (in the US at least).

Tom Roberds
tmr
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: steveww » Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:26 pm

Got a pair of under dash trims from PM and was very impressed. They fitted and look good :D
steveww
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: nebogipfel » Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:48 pm

Hi All

Thanks for all the input guys, I can't repair/restore what I've got because I haven't got them unfortunately.

So has anyone bought a replica crash pad from a UK supplier that they are happy with?

Also what about seat and door trim kits? I have heard the CN ones aren't bad any experience of them out there?

Thanks in advance

John
John

nebogipfel
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: tonyabacus » Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:19 am

If its any value I am fairly certain Callow and Maddox are still in business at the Baginton Trading Estate in Coventry. You should get a phone number from directory enquiries. There is also another firm in Coventry called Anderson and Ryan who if I remember right used to do some work with Triumph who also used a similar type of seat material.
Regards
Tony
tonyabacus
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: tmr » Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:18 am

Tony:

You are correct, as I found their site on the web:

<a href='http://www.callowandmaddox.com/' target='_blank'>Callow & Maddox</a>

Their contact information is on the site.

Hopefully they can still supply the PVC 'basketweave' material. I looked at numerous other similar materials, but found that none matched the pattern or the thickness of the original. Most others I looked at were very thin, whereas the C & M material was many times thicker. They also may be able to replicate the 'seams' if you supply the pattern, as I seem to remember they had the dielectric equipment needed to do so.

Tom Roberds
1969 S4
tmr
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: tonyabacus » Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:22 am

Hi Tom

Pleased you found a site for Callow and Maddox, if they no longer have material they may be able to point to the original manufacturer which may help owners. Perhaps if someone follows up they can post an update?

Regards
Tony
tonyabacus
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Frank Howard » Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:27 pm

:huh:
I've bought a set of pillar trims, two sets of under dash trims, and two SS exhaust manifolds from Christopher Neil and have been pleased with them. Also, I believe Frank Filiccicchia sells interior trim. His last know address is [email protected]

Frank Howard
'71 S4 SE
Minnesota
Frank Howard
'71 S4 SE
Minnesota
Frank Howard
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Jolly Jumper » Sat Nov 20, 2004 10:57 pm

Susan Miller (aka Mick Miller) offers remanufactured Trim Mouldings. Call her on 01728 603 307.
Jolly Jumper
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: nebogipfel » Sun Nov 21, 2004 4:35 pm

Hi All,

Thanks for all the input. Susan Miller seems to be a good source for most parts and she is a very pleasant woman to deal with .......helpful and knowledgeable.

John
John

nebogipfel
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: tmr » Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:12 am

'Famous' Frank sells S1 and S2 interior kits, as this is his specialty. He lives here in Atlanta, GA, so let Greg Zelazek or I know if you can' t reach him.

Tom Roberds
Kennesaw, GA
\[[email protected]\][email protected]\[/EMAIL\]
tmr
Second Gear
Second Gear

Total Online: