Respray

PostPost by: nico506 » Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:50 am

Dear all Listers,
I am in the process of preparing my S3 DHC 68 ready for a respray and enquire if there is anyone who who has carried out a respray effectively using 'Environmentally Safe' two pack paints as I know that the celluose based products are being phased out.

The other question is does anyone have access or the use of equipment and plant to spray the car safely- I live in Bedfordshire,UK

I look forward to comments & suggestions to help keep my mind focused on this time consuming task of the restoration.

Thanks
nico506
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: type36lotus » Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:11 pm

I painted my Elan myself, but I can assure the paint was as far removed from "Environmentally Safe" as could be. It was also not safe for anything that respires! As the can said "Causes permanent neurological damage". I used a supplied air respirator to do it, with the air intake as far away as I could get it. Is there a two pack system that is safe?
Mike Geiger
66 S3 Coupe', no more :-(
type36lotus
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: simon.mitchell » Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:31 pm

HMG paints Ltd in Manchester will supply you cellulose topcoats, primer and thinners if you can't get them locally (I couldn't - apart from the thinners) by mail order. Contact them on 0161 205 7631. I've used their products to spray my Plus 2 this year with no problems.
simon.mitchell
Second Gear
Second Gear

Total Online: