Lotus Elan

Evante LHD

PostPost by: billwill » Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:28 am

Slowtus wrote:Nothing wrong with the styling that a Sawzall and some Bondo can't fix. :D

I think you are forgetting, or didn't know, that VeganTune Evante "Fibre-Glass" is reinforced with carbon-fibre.

:D :D

It's styling is what it is. Which is an EVANTE not an ELAN.
Bill Williams

36/6725 S3 Coupe OGU108E Yellow over Black.
billwill
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: TBG » Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:42 pm

Not sure about the carbon fibre - this is from a contemporary report - "Even the bodywork itself was different, being constructed from glassfibre cloth rather than mat, double-skinned where extra strength was required around the bulkheads, doors and windscreen surround" - D
TBG
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Slowtus » Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:50 pm

TBG wrote:"Honda S2000. 240bhp and up to 9 000rpm mmm not bad"

I have a chum who has one and it is very nice - but he says it is quite tiring as to get it to go you have to rev the socks off it. D

I stuck that engine in my Cortina and loved revving the socks off it :D
Slowtus
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Slowtus » Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:51 pm

billwill wrote:
Slowtus wrote:Nothing wrong with the styling that a Sawzall and some Bondo can't fix. :D

I think you are forgetting, or didn't know, that VeganTune Evante "Fibre-Glass" is reinforced with carbon-fibre.

:D :D

It's styling is what it is. Which is an EVANTE not an ELAN.

Okay, lots of Bondo then :D :D :D
Slowtus
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: HCA » Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:47 pm

There are some archive references to Jane Robinson - I presume daughter of George of Vegantune - and the Evante owners club. None of the links go through to anything and wonder if the club even exists anymore. Are there any Evante owners left on the forum who might shed some light on what is left?
Hal Adams

Evora - the poser
Elan +2 - keeps me busy
Macan - hers
Felicia Pickup - my favourite
Peugeot 207 E85 converted - to battle inflation
HCA
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: alan.barker » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:01 pm

HCA wrote:Not so now...

First thing after an import without a CoC is send all details with photos to FFVE. They then scour available records etc (for Lotus, apparently it is easy as there is, in their words, a good archive dept) they ensure it has not been modified and might, if they are suspicious ask you to visit a CT centre, and eventually issue an attestation. This is then sent to ANTS with the quittas fiscal etc where it is recognised as a CoC. ANTS then send out the CG. I have had no problems with three cars to date, but they are run of the mill, easily verifiable types.

Already I am hitting a wall - a call to them comes back that they do not have Vegantune or Evante on their database so looks like it might need examination on the face of it :(

IMG_4018.jpg

That certificate says at the top "only for carte grise collection" not for normal carte grise and must be more than 30 years old
Alan
Alan.b Brittany 1972 elan sprint fhc Lagoon Blue 0460E
alan.barker
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: billwill » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:50 pm

George Robinson personally told me that they used a lot of Carbon Fibre in the construction and he demonstrated the strength of the engine-compartment-bonnet by standing on one in front of me.

That was a prototype though.

~~~~

I was visiting Vegantune of Spalding in 1983 as they were doing a major refurb of my S£ elan Coupe for me.
Bill Williams

36/6725 S3 Coupe OGU108E Yellow over Black.
billwill
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Previous

Total Online: