Lotus Elan

Elan seats for sale on Ebay UK

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:39 am

These are pretty much hens teeth I should think.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lotus-Elan-S ... SwZo1gJFU9

They look in reasonable condition (the frames), a new set of covers and a bit of powder coating needed perhaps?

Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: lottex » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:28 pm

Be very careful re this listing. They got ramped up on the first listing yet apparently didn’t make “reserve” above 600 quid! Have been listed again and yet again, now the sellers trying to do a cash deal at £600 under the radar. Too many scammers out there. Caveat Emptor.....
lottex
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: pharriso » Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:19 pm

lottex wrote:Be very careful re this listing. They got ramped up on the first listing yet apparently didn’t make “reserve” above 600 quid! Have been listed again and yet again, now the sellers trying to do a cash deal at £600 under the radar. Too many scammers out there. Caveat Emptor.....

Seems odd to me as well, they went to £681 in the first auction... I just thought the winner backed out...
Phil Harrison
1972 Elan Sprint 0260K
pharriso
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elanfan1 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:47 pm

Isn’t this the lady that posted here sometime ago? A relative had died and left her a pile of parts and a car to sort out?

I suspect that maybe a friend has bid and it’s not been enough hence the relistings?? Don’t think it’s a scam.
Steve

Silence is Guildern; Duct Tape is Silver
elanfan1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: nmauduit » Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:24 pm

pharriso wrote:
lottex wrote:Be very careful re this listing. They got ramped up on the first listing yet apparently didn’t make “reserve” above 600 quid! Have been listed again and yet again, now the sellers trying to do a cash deal at £600 under the radar. Too many scammers out there. Caveat Emptor.....

Seems odd to me as well, they went to £681 in the first auction... I just thought the winner backed out...

no, I followed that to get a feel for the price (I have a pair myself) and the preset reserve was not met.

The sellers has other parts of interest, but I have not tried my luck yet (the reserve does not entice to bid).
S4SE 36/8198
nmauduit
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: RIB » Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:54 pm

The sellers are genuine, I have bought and collected items from them.
RIB
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: Mazzini » Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:34 pm

No it's not the same lady.
Mazzini
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: