Lotus Elan

Two Sprints for sale

PostPost by: TJS » Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:23 pm

TJS
New-tral

PostPost by: nmauduit » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:09 am

the blue lagoon coupe looks very good (even though I'm not a fan of mostly black wheels), most details appear to be there... strangely in spite of passing through the end of a "Lotus guru" this extensive restoration was not completed with black under sill... also funny to see the foam cut for the stock radiator under the bonnet while a new alloy one has been installed without the cap. In any case, I love this color...
S4SE 36/8198
nmauduit
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Pastapesto » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:38 am

Looks like a nice car in lagoon blue (well, both of them do actually!)......I think the sill is painted satin/Matt black, it's just hard to see in the photo because of the darkness of the colour and the position of the lower sill.

The yellow car sits very oddly.....the n/s/f wheel arch seems too high compared with the o/s/f and the car looks generally too high any way and seems to lean to the passenger side when viewed from front and rear.

The blue car sits much better and looks about right for an elan....IMHO of course.......badges on front wings are on the wrong sides and the skid plates on the bonnet look very "bodgy" where they have been painted over....but easy things to fix....boot carpet looks like it's been "thrown" in there which is a bit daft on pics on the website of a top end car.......still think it's a very nice car all the same and I'd like to have it....who wouldn't???

Go on then....is anyone going to ask how much??????
Pastapesto
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Craven » Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:07 pm

IIRC, the Lagoon Sprint passed through Vincent Haydon Cars as a part complete restoration project 5 – 6 years ago. Discussed on this Forum when for sale at Paul Matty at around £ 49 K.
https://www.thehairpincompany.co.uk/for ... rint-coupe
Craven
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: TBG » Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:27 pm

at least the blue one hasn't got those ghastly stickers!! Still not an S3SE though - gods chosen one...... :D
Last edited by TBG on Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TBG
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: trw99 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:35 pm

[quote="Craven"]IIRC, the Lagoon Sprint passed through Vincent Haydon Cars as a part complete restoration project 5 – 6 years ago. Discussed on this Forum when for sale at Paul Matty at around £ 49 K.
https://www.thehairpincompany.co.uk/for ... rint-coupe[/quote]

It did pass through his hands, in 2012.

We've also seen the yellow one this year: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=47590&p=343702#p343702

I've looked over the yellow one and it is in remarkably original condition for a 48 year old.

Tim
trw99
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: denicholls2 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:25 pm

The coupe looks so pretty that it makes me wonder if my Europa (also Lagoon Blue) can be that pretty with some aid from a polisher.

Certainly the cat footprints added when the paint was wet would remain, but I've grown attached to them. :)
denicholls2
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: nmauduit » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:31 pm

Pastapesto wrote:Looks like a nice car in lagoon blue (well, both of them do actually!)......I think the sill is painted satin/Matt black, it's just hard to see in the photo because of the darkness of the colour and the position of the lower sill.

you're right, I browsed the photos gain and they are matt... Also, I saw a door shut line slightly off, just right as per original factory fit... this car certainly has a lot in its favor.
S4SE 36/8198
nmauduit
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: