Lotus Elan

Ebay Scam

PostPost by: gherlt » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:08 am

https://www.ebay.es/itm/333510585041?ul_noapp=true

user has good ratings.
BUT : ratings as a buyer mostly, not many as a seller. No acivity in last 6 months.
Looks like a hacked Ebay account.

Then:
no description
"use only email"
low "buy me" price

case closed.
1964 S1 (engine ready, awainting body repair)
1967 S3 DHC (now adjusted by Brian Buckland, totally calm idle)
1969 S4 FHC (finishing interior, changing wiring loom)
gherlt
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: 512BB » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:00 am

Case reopened.

Ebay are absolutely crap at taking down these hacked accounts. I was selling something expensive a while ago. I got an email from a 'buyer' stating that they wanted to buy the item for more than the asking price and for me to respond to an email address. How they are actually able to write an email address in a message now is a mystery, as I thought ebay stopped that some time ago.

Anyway, I responded for them to just bid on the item, but they never did. In other instances, I have responded to the email address that they sent, NEVER CLICK ON ANY LINKS THAT THEY SEND YOU, asking for a contact phone number, but they never reply. Also been asked to send the item to another country, even though the account holder was in the UK. NO THANKS.

At the end of the day, everybody is responsible for their own actions. If you really think you are going to buy a restored Lotus Eupopa Special for £4635 having sent a deposit, you get what you deserve.

You know, good people, that the only place to buy hard to find NOS Lotus parts cheap, is from moi :lol:

Leslie
512BB
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:17 pm

Moi ?
Is he French ?
Not seen him on here before....?

John ;-)
john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear