Lotus Elan

S3/S4 Window motor upgrade kit

PostPost by: ae_mike » Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:39 pm

I have kits that include the unique parts required to bolt in a modern window motor in place of the classic wiper motor used originally used by Lotus. The kit fits any S3 or S4 without any modification to the door or wiring.

The kit consists of enough parts to do both a left and right door that includes the sheet metal brackets, the drive adapters and the connectors for the motor. The kit does not include the window motors or any of the bolts/washers. The cost of the kit is $210 US. Typical cost of the window motor is ~$50 per motor or less.
If you wish to order a kit, please send me a private message and I'll respond with paypal information. Kits are on the shelf ready to ship.

For those of you interested in weight, the kit saves about 1 kg or 2 lbs of weight per door.

Here are some pictures of the sheet metal brackets which are zinc plated and with the window motor installed in the door.
plates_installed_small.jpg and

motor_installed_small.jpg and

wires_window_motor2.jpeg
wires_window_motor2.jpeg (102.68 KiB) Viewed 364 times

Attached are the installation instructions which include the part numbers for the window motors which should be available worldwide as they are from a world car from GM, the Aveo/Sonic.
Attachments
Lotus_Elan_Modern_Window_Motor_Installation_Instructions.pdf
(1.1 MiB) Downloaded 92 times
Michael Allison
1967 Elan S3 FHC being converted to modern electric drive
ae_mike
New-tral

PostPost by: 1owner69Elan » Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:50 pm

I have now installed the window kits on both of my windows and very pleased with the results. Gone is the laborious and slow window movement (even with new window guides, cables, pulleys, and use of relays). Now the windows move smoothly and at a speed you find on modern cars.

I also employed a one-touch module, to have the switches activate one-touch up/down. With this module no need for the relays I had previously fitted.

See: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=48955&p=358213#p358213
'69 Elan S4 SE
Street 181 BHP
Original owner
1owner69Elan
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: