Lotus Elan

+2 front seats, oatmeal.

PostPost by: HCA » Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:45 am

I have two front seats for a +2. These are in reasonably good condition - the only issues are where they rub against the seat belt anchor but once in the car of course this is not really noticed. The springing underneath is good.

I need the space, so I will give these away fror free, but the taker must pay for collection and delivery. Note if you are in the UK, this may involve all sorts of nonsense, so please check beforehand.

IMG_3186.jpg and

IMG_3189.jpg and
Hal Adams

Evora - the poser
Elan +2 - keeps me busy
Macan - hers
Felicia Pickup - my favourite
HCA
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: peterako » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:45 pm

Hi Hal,

I would be very interested in these.

I'm in Ireland (Republic).

I'll check out cost of collection and delivery to here and revert asap.

Best regards,
Peter
I is an Inginear....please excuse my speeling!
'73 +2S 130/5
Scimitar GTE for the lazy days, 3008, Some bicycles, Wife, Kids, Cats, Dogs....chickens....cluck cluck...one duck...the others flew away!
peterako
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: pharriso » Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:00 pm

I would keep these in storage for when/if you sell the car, they are very difficult to find & the future buyer may want to revert to the original seats.
Phil Harrison
1972 Elan Sprint 0260K
pharriso
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: HCA » Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:41 pm

OK Peter - you have first refusal! As you are in the EU, it should be straight forward without any nonsense charges that brexit has delivered. My neighbour has a local courier company. I will ask him if he can help/suggest anything to keep costs down. Give me a couple of days.

Thanks for your words of advice Phil, but I need the space! The car will stay with me until the end after which I care not! I doubt anyone would want to change back to the original seats - there are too many other mods that will keep purists away from the car :D
Hal Adams

Evora - the poser
Elan +2 - keeps me busy
Macan - hers
HCA
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: peterako » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:37 am

Many thanks Hal!

I'll await your friend's response.

(I will continue to check on my side too).

Aside:
My plus 2 is also planned to be with me to the end.....thereafter...it has already been claimed by one of my kids :)

I have had Original seats, XJS seats and, currently, MX 5 seats in my Plus 2.

By far my favourite has been the originals.

Though the MX 5 seats are very comfortable, there are some compromises on space and the relative location of the top of the seat belt is not ideal on long journeys.

Best regards,
Peter
'73 +2S 130/5
Scimitar GTE for the lazy days, 3008, Some bicycles, Wife, Kids, Cats, Dogs....chickens....cluck cluck...one duck...the others flew away!
peterako
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: HCA » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:37 pm

Peter, I am not getting much joy here - three things against me, distance, my neighbour is confined to using Chronopost for which these are too large and thirdly, I do not know the weight of the seats. My aftermarkets are 17.6kgs, but the originals are way heavier. I think 25kgs would be a conservative estimate.

Each box is 70 x 65 x 55. Putting this and a weight of 25kgs, I am getting prices of 160 - 250€. I will have to leave all this to you now. If you do find someone to do it, collection point is 'Domaine du Renne, 11300 Pauligne' tel 'zero six, vingt sept, seize, seize, vingt quatre'

They are boxed up ready to go. let me know as soon as you can as I have others also interested and I want shot of them quickly.

IMG_3191.jpg and

IMG_3193.jpg and
Hal Adams

Evora - the poser
Elan +2 - keeps me busy
Macan - hers
HCA
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: peterako » Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:59 pm

Thanks Hal,

Only just seeing this post today (was monitoring my PMs :D)

I'll search more here for delivery and will revert by the weekend.

I've also PMed.

Best regards,
Peter
'73 +2S 130/5
peterako
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: HCA » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:53 am

The private message supercedes the mails here - I might have a firm price any day now.
Hal Adams

Evora - the poser
Elan +2 - keeps me busy
Macan - hers
HCA
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: peterako » Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:05 pm

Apologies Hal,

I seem to have run into technical difficulties since our last PM with posting in the thread.
(Yay! This posted!!)

Just wanted to thank you (publicly) for the extra mile you went to try and help me with the seats!

Very much appreciated.

Peter
'73 +2S 130/5
peterako
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: