Lotus Elan

Elan Carpet Sets for Sale

PostPost by: velo5338 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:58 pm

Having a clear out and have 2 new Elan carpet sets for sale:

First is for an Elan Sprint, it was purchased from Christopher Neil in the UK many years ago. It has a nice quality black polypropylene cut pile, backing is a bit stiff now but otherwise in mint condition. I was sealed in a plastic bag until yesterday when I open it up to take photographs. It looks like this set (original Neil reference INT 11B), suits both DHC and FHC models as it has a large uncut piece of carpet to be custom cut for either type rear panel

The other set was bought from R D Enterprises in 2014 at a cost of $310. It is for an S3/S4 DHC and has the 'correct' black polypropylene loop pile, stored in the original box. It's fairly thin so probably not the highest grade available, but many of the pieces have pre-cut underfelt attached.

First 3 pictures are of the RD Enterprise loop pile set , rest are of the Neil cut pile set. More on request.

I would take $150 for the Neil set and $100 for the RD Ent. set, you pay shipping at cost. I am in Augusta, GA.

Mike
Attachments
IMG_1321.jpg and
IMG_1317.jpg and
IMG_1316.jpg and
IMG_1327.jpg and
IMG_1325.jpg and
IMG_1326.jpg and
velo5338
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: danielmo » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:03 pm

I'll take the r.d. set. Please PM me for payment and shipping details. Thanks, Dan
danielmo
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: elaninfuture » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:33 pm

I'll take the other one. Thanks. PM sent to discuss payment details.

Joe
elaninfuture
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: tdskip » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:09 am

Dart! Too slow, nice score gentlemen.
SoCal
1969 Elan DHC
tdskip
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: elaninfuture » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:18 am

I was too slow, too.
elaninfuture
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: collins_dan » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:16 pm

I'm sorry to have missed this as I am just getting ready to replace mine. Just curious, my '70 federal S4 has pile cut carpet, including on the door panels, which does not look like it was ever replaced. Just curious if pile was used originally on some cars, because it sure looks that way on my car. Prior owner bought the car in 1980, so if replaced it would have been within the first 10 years of the cars life and it was used for autocross, so I'd be surprised if it was replaced. Thanks, Dan
collins_dan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: velo5338 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:21 pm

Can't really say.

My '70 S4 has loop pile which, judging by the extreme fading, I'm pretty sure is original. The door trim panels have loop pile too. The RD Enterprises carpet set ordered by the previous owner for the S4 had loop pile too, but I don't know if that was specifically requested. The carpet set from Christopher Neil for the '72 Sprint was ordered by me and they sent a cut pile set without any type being specified, the original carpet in the Sprint was cut pile too.

The limited evidence to me is that the S4 had loop pile and the later Sprint had cut.

Mike
velo5338
Second Gear
Second Gear

Total Online: