Lotus Elan

Twin cam motor for sale $1800

PostPost by: Wayne » Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:32 pm

Hi, I have a Stromberg 6 bolt twin cam engine for sale. It was running when pulled out of my friends Plus 2 with a broken chassis that we parted out. It ran ran ok but, it did smoke on over run. I have had it in my garage for the past several years and want to find it a new home. I would want to do a tear down and evaluation before putting it in a car. I am selling it as a good running used engine. If anyone is really interested we could spend an afternoon taking the head and oil pan off to inspect. I have other Elan parts for sale also. Located in Newtown Ct. 06482 Asking $1800 OBO I have better pictures of the engine on my workbench available. Now My Son wants the cam cover and several people now want the six bolt oil pan. Trying not to part out the motor, but I will.

The head is a lotus twin cam head from a Europa. It has SE cams, but the intake cam does not have the rear drive for the alternator. If I sell the head I will be offering the complete short block for sale. Everything less the head. This is a six bolt engine with the flywheel, Elan style water pump housings, distributor etc. Pictures available. I was asking $2000 , now 1800 for the complete motor. Looking to come close to that parting it out. Talk to me and maybe we can make this happen.

Wayne
Attachments
IMG_0714.JPG and
IMG_0713.JPG and
Last edited by Wayne on Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Wayne
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Elan45 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:51 pm

So Wayne, what other Elan parts are you offering?
'67 Elan S3 SS DHC
'67 Elan FHC pre-airflow
'67 Elan S3 SE upgrade to 26R by Original owner
'58 Eleven S2 (ex-works)
'62 20/22 FJ (ex-Yamura)
'70 Elan +2S RHD
'61 20 FJ project
'76 Modus M1 F3
Elan45
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: jamie22 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:51 pm

Elan45 wrote:So Wayne, what other Elan parts are you offering?

I would like to know that too! Hope to see more info here.
Hey there! Feel free to use these best paper writing services every time you need writing assistance.
jamie22
New-tral

Total Online: