Lotus Elan

Period Lotus Dealership Posters

PostPost by: elanfan1 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:41 pm

Pleased you’re happy. Maybe you could post up a photo in your garage assuming that’s where they’re going.
Steve

Silence is Guildern; Duct Tape is Silver
User avatar
elanfan1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear
 
Posts: 2098
Joined: 13 Jan 2004
Location: Cardiff in Welsh Wales

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:42 pm

Mine arrived today, absolutely fantastic

So good I scanned and copied them so that other people could download and print themselves

Here’s the link ........

Image

Seriously, I have seen originals and these are better, made from a vinyl material, totally bombproof and a great addition to the mancave, photos to follow when I have put them in clip frames.
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
User avatar
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear
 
Posts: 2541
Joined: 11 Jun 2009
Location: Kent country & Sussex seaside UK

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:50 pm

I found these perfect clip frames today at my local Wilko store (UK)

Just £10 each, they fit the posters really well.

https://www.wilko.com/en-uk/home/home-a ... B24%2BInch

EE5677B1-8DB5-4CF1-BB31-5AE5E9A239B6.png and
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
User avatar
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear
 
Posts: 2541
Joined: 11 Jun 2009
Location: Kent country & Sussex seaside UK

PostPost by: elanfan1 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:10 am

An enquirer on these posters pointed out something I’d not thought of, if you happen to have a slightly damp garage these posters will not be affected having been printed on polypropylene sheet. Paper posters could deteriorate over time curl at the edges or get foxing etc.

Your orders welcomed.
Steve

Silence is Guildern; Duct Tape is Silver
User avatar
elanfan1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear
 
Posts: 2098
Joined: 13 Jan 2004
Location: Cardiff in Welsh Wales

PostPost by: Pastapesto » Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:35 pm

I think I just saw an original Elan poster (the same as the one for the Elan you have had printed) advertised on eBay for £90. These new ones you have had made will be a much better quality than the original paper type.

Makes your ones a bit of a bargain I reckon

A
Pastapesto
Third Gear
Third Gear
 
Posts: 277
Joined: 12 Nov 2006
Location: Tunbridge Wells, Kent. UK

PostPost by: silverlink » Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:06 pm

Pastapesto wrote:I think I just saw an original Elan poster (the same as the one for the Elan you have had printed) advertised on eBay for £90. These new ones you have had made will be a much better quality than the original paper type.

Makes your ones a bit of a bargain I reckon

A

Yes you did see one,
Its mine, its just a matter of weather you want a copy or the real thing, its your choice.
silverlink
Second Gear
Second Gear
 
Posts: 170
Joined: 24 Aug 2012
Location: North Yorkshire UK

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:40 pm

silverlink wrote:
Pastapesto wrote:I think I just saw an original Elan poster (the same as the one for the Elan you have had printed) advertised on eBay for £90. These new ones you have had made will be a much better quality than the original paper type.

Makes your ones a bit of a bargain I reckon

A

Yes you did see one,
Its mine, its just a matter of weather you want a copy or the real thing, its your choice.


How many do you have? And do you have both?

I might be interested for £100 the pair
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
User avatar
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear
 
Posts: 2541
Joined: 11 Jun 2009
Location: Kent country & Sussex seaside UK

PostPost by: elanfan1 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:42 pm

Had a look and it is £95 plus £5 postage so actually £100.

£25 is a bargain!
Steve

Silence is Guildern; Duct Tape is Silver
User avatar
elanfan1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear
 
Posts: 2098
Joined: 13 Jan 2004
Location: Cardiff in Welsh Wales

PostPost by: silverlink » Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:56 pm

Spyder fan wrote:
silverlink wrote:
Pastapesto wrote:I think I just saw an original Elan poster (the same as the one for the Elan you have had printed) advertised on eBay for £90. These new ones you have had made will be a much better quality than the original paper type.

Makes your ones a bit of a bargain I reckon

A

Yes you did see one,
Its mine, its just a matter of weather you want a copy or the real thing, its your choice.


How many do you have? And do you have both?

I might be interested for £100 the pair

Hi Spyder Fan
I only have the Elan Sprint ones,
As I have a Sprint when I was offered some at the factory I just said 'some Sprint ones would be great' I think that was a big mistake! I should have asked for some +2 and Europa ones too.
I'm only selling to raise funds to get my Sprint engine rebuilt.
Thanks
silverlink
silverlink
Second Gear
Second Gear
 
Posts: 170
Joined: 24 Aug 2012
Location: North Yorkshire UK

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:14 pm

Thanks Silverlink,
No worries, I’m very pleased with the ones I have received from Steve. Great price and bombproof for hanging on a garage wall.
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
User avatar
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear
 
Posts: 2541
Joined: 11 Jun 2009
Location: Kent country & Sussex seaside UK

PostPost by: pharriso » Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:02 pm

Mine just arrived in the colonies (East Coast USA):
SteveLoader_Posters.jpg and


The quality is superb & these won't rip or crease like the originals. Mailing was fairly quick, 12 days door to door.

Just need to build a garage to put the posters up now. :oops:

Many thanks Steve, great job & much appreciated!
Phil Harrison
1972 Elan Sprint 0260K
User avatar
pharriso
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear
 
Posts: 2799
Joined: 15 Sep 2010
Location: Long Island NY, USA

PostPost by: elanfan1 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:22 pm

Thanks Phil,

12 days is impressive when Royal Mail quote up to 42 days!


Gives you 30 days to build yourself a garage!
Steve

Silence is Guildern; Duct Tape is Silver
User avatar
elanfan1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear
 
Posts: 2098
Joined: 13 Jan 2004
Location: Cardiff in Welsh Wales

PostPost by: Pastapesto » Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:39 am

Hope you still have a couple left Steve, I would like one of each please........ Don't have a +2 anymore but they look best as a pair IMHO.

Should look very nice on my garage wall......

Could you PM me payment details please.....?

Many thanks

All the best

A
Pastapesto
Third Gear
Third Gear
 
Posts: 277
Joined: 12 Nov 2006
Location: Tunbridge Wells, Kent. UK
Previous

Total Online:

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests