Lotus Elan

Elan and Plus 2 speakers

PostPost by: elanfan1 » Tue May 29, 2018 8:43 pm

On anothe4 thread I was selling some NOS speaker grilles I?d found and then I sourced a 4w 8ohm speaker that actually fits the original grille. It?s been suggested that these speakers might be needed by various owners here.

If that?s the case please make yourself known and how many you?d like and I can attempt to get them at around ?15 each but the more I can order the more economic the initial postage charges will be. Won?t be able to do much about the costs of posting them on to you though.

So please let me know.

A reminder of what we?re talking about here:

c5716c71-d73e-45c5-832e-a27148c61cdc.jpeg and

Suitable to fit these:

1fe9f228-1a3a-4faf-a78f-0bd3434b1a47.jpeg and
Steve

Silence is Guildern; Duct Tape is Silver
elanfan1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Mrozik » Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:45 pm

Hi
I saw your old post for replacement speakers for a +2. Are they still available?

If not does anyone know the Wattage and Ohm specs?

Thanks in advance
Mrozik
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: The Veg » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:05 am

In the case of the Plus 2, fitting the grilles is one thing, but fitting in the stock location is another thing as the magnets hang close to the fuel tank and modern speakers have MUCH larger magnets than what the OEM speakers had. I gave up trying to find something that would fit. You can get a little more clearance by moving them closer to the corners of the shelf, but then they're closer to the glass and probably will sound a little choked.
1969/70 Elan Plus 2 (not S) 50/2036
"It just wouldn't be a complete day if I didn't forget something!" -Me
The Veg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: wotsisname » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:21 pm

[Early +2] I am also following this. I have decided to remake the rear parcel shelf, so have the option of fitting a smaller speaker if I can find something suitable. I am considering using the original grilles if I can find something that will fit underneath... If smaller , anything new can be fitted off centre. I have done the vent pipe modification and the fuel filler side of the tank is a bit trickier.
Currently I am just trawling the net to gather dimensions /prices. if not I will just fit something modern that looks OK (decent and non bling grille) and store the OE shelf with grilles for the future.
1968 Elan plus 2 - project
2007 Elise S2 [modified with a Hethel 70th sticker (yellow)]
2000 Elise S1 - Sold
wotsisname
Third Gear
Third Gear

Total Online: