Lotus Elan

Elan +2 Drive Shafts for sale

PostPost by: theelanman » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:05 am

Orsom Weels wrote:if you must insist in throwing unfounded insults at me, please do try to at least get my name correct.

I think he's got you confused with Mork....or Mindy...... :mrgreen:
theelanman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: davidwinegar » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:25 am

You have to be joking - no way am I putting up again the money for shipping and then having to rely totally on YOUR honesty in finding a reputable parts engineer - yeah sure.

Money up front or NO deal.

Insults started with the very first comments in this thread. I am totally in my rights to respond to all the personal attacks. You reap what you sow.
davidwinegar
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: davidwinegar » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:27 am

theelanman wrote:
Orsom Weels wrote:if you must insist in throwing unfounded insults at me, please do try to at least get my name correct.

I think he's got you confused with Mork....or Mindy...... :mrgreen:

I apologize for the mistakenly directed insult to Mork and Mindy.
davidwinegar
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: davidwinegar » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:31 am

The important parts of that email are ?We are still not sure? & ?part of the fault may lie there?

Other than yourself & your mechanic, no one else has been able to inspect these shafts to be able to offer any accurate explanation. I'm happy to make that happen, are you?

You are right - this is about the ONLY thing you are right in - I am the only one that has seen these parts. But yet you and others here seem to all be so certain I was at fault with absolutely no proof. Don't see any problem with that?

I guess in your mind no parts dealer could ever possibly sell parts with defects. Is this how you see it? Didn't Sue Miller stop selling these due to a problem with quality!?!?! At least that is what others have said here. Of course in business it is ALWAYS the customer's fault right!!?!? Your idiocy still dumbfounds me.
davidwinegar
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: SimonH » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:46 am

As I understand it she stopped selling them as the cv joints were not good enough quality.
This looks more like a sealing issue from the cv mount face to the adapter seal face.
Can't see anywhere else the grease could have escaped really.
SimonH
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Orsom Weels » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:49 am

davidwinegar wrote:You have to be joking - no way am I putting up again the money for shipping and then having to rely totally on YOUR honesty in finding a reputable parts engineer - yeah sure.

Money up front or NO deal.

No, I am not joking, as I said, I'm completely serious ! My honesty is not in question here, I am happy to use a completely independent engineer & have no problem in you having a say in who that is, that's only fair after all. I am happy for the money to go to a reputable independent holding account, again, with your input on choice, that way we are both covered & neither can default on the deal. If you are so confident that a defect will be found, what are you worried about?

davidwinegar wrote:Insults started with the very first comments in this thread. I am totally in my rights to respond to all the personal attacks. You reap what you sow.

The "very first comments in this thread" were made by you :? There have been no personal attacks, well, apart from JP Cleg calling you an idiot, & you are reaping what you have sown.
Orsom Weels
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: davidwinegar » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:53 am

What a short memory you have - you were the 3rd one to give an insult

I don't know of any other trader who would give you a full refund without first receiving the item back for inspection. It looks simply like the CV to adapter plate allen bolts have not been fully tightened, that's the only way the grease could escape from there. That comes down to incorrect assembly/fitting, which would NOT be Sue's fault but yours or your 'profesional' mechanics !

My fault you said straight without knowing a thing about the parts or my abilities. Again, completely dumbfounds me.

Put the money upfront they you can waste YOUR time on proving I am at fault. Otherwise I can't be bothered. And you have in no way shown your honesty- so yeah it is in question.
davidwinegar
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: pauljones » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:07 am

David,

The forum members here have honestly been completely fair to you. We are 100% behind Sue and dont like your tone towards her.

I must admit that your responses are becoming tedious to the point of annoying.

Do us all a favour and leave the forum. Do someone else a favour and cut up the drive shafts. You have your money back so your losing nothing.

Paul Jones

PS still got working Sue Miller drive shafts,and i just checked them yesterday.
Kick the tyres and light them fires...!!!!!!!
pauljones
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: elanfan1 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:19 am

I've almost run out of popcorn here... :D :D

To add a serious note - I suspect the only party that could effectively be the escrow would be Jeff Cocking. PayPal payment as a gift so no charges and can't be claimed back. Agreement in advance who gets the money if the part is faulty/the part was fitted incorrectly/the engineers report is inconclusive.

How much will an engineers written report cost and who bears the cost of that? Possibly an expensive way of achieving very little? Maybe?
Steve

Silence is Guildern; Duct Tape is Silver
elanfan1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: davidwinegar » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:22 am

Paul you are reading stuff there that was never said. Here AGAIN is my response to Sue dated 10/7/13

Hi Susan,

Thank you. I don't blame you for this... I have only had good experience with you in the past and will continue to use you for other parts needs. But for sure you want to get with the manufacturer and figure out what went wrong here.

How is that treating Sue badly? What tone is bad in that. Parts were defective - fact - she never arranged to get them back - fact - everything else you are assuming about me.

It is the people's tone here in the forum that makes me so pissed off. The unfounded accusations and assumptions. Take some responsibility for your actions.

pauljones wrote:David,

The forum members here have honestly been completely fair to you. We are 100% behind Sue and dont like your tone towards her.

Do us all a favour and leave the forum. Do someone else a favour and cut up the drive shafts. You have your money back so your losing nothing.

Paul Jones

PS still got working Sue Miller drive shafts,and i just checked them yesterday.

So tedious but yet you just keep on responding and keep on with insults, don't you Paul? You could have stopped this all if you had just kept you opinions to your self, but nope could do that could you. And now you are tired of me calling you out for your idiocy. Hmmmmm very interesting perspective.

You and the rest that are so confident in the quality of these drive shafts and Sue Miller, put up the money, buy them from me and return them to Sue. I guess not a single one is willing to put up the cash to prove how the parts can't possibly be defective. Again, shows a lot about what kind of people you are.

davidwinegar
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:04 am

David

Image[/quote]

..at last we reach agreement

John :wink:
john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: davidwinegar » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:26 am

pauljones wrote:Ill volunteer to be an independant holder of funds

All profits to Sue Miller......

Sure thing the guy that started this whole sh**storm should be the one trusted with the money. Hahahahaaaaaaaa haven't laughed this hard in a long long long time. Might as well take a bucket of money and flush it down the toilet.

Easy to talk sh** - a lot harder to actually back up your words. If Sue Miller really cared about getting these parts back she would have made the minimal effort to do so - this she did not do. I am sure she checked the other batch of driveshafts she had and found them all to be as faulty as mine and that was the end of it. Except for you lot insisting I kept her from getting them back. Why don't you who have a problem contact Sue and ask about this?
davidwinegar
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:25 pm

davidwinegar wrote:
pauljones wrote:Ill volunteer to be an independant holder of funds

"Sure thing the guy that started this whole sh**storm should be the one trusted with the money."

I thought I had that honour...

"John why don't you start! Afterall it was you that initiated all the negative crap with your comment on sending Sue the profits."

john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: englishmaninwales » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:37 pm

I think this thread has run its course. I am not taking any sides, but, in my view, this thread is damaging the reputation of the forum. Please would the forum police close it.
Thank you.
Malcolm
1966 Elan S3 Coupe
1994 Caterham 7
englishmaninwales
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Peter +2 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:56 pm

Ditto

Peter
1968 +2 BRM
Peter +2