Lotus Elan

Plus 2 Front grille moulding

PostPost by: pistonbroke1 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:46 pm

I believe I have a new one piece front chrome moulding (the part under the front bumper) for a Lotus plus 2
I think it has been in my store for 30 odd years. It still had the protective tape on. I thought it was for an early Ford 105E Anglia, but have been told it is too big and to try it for the Lotus.
I can supply photos for anyone interested before I try it on E.Bay after Christmas
Regards pistonbroke
pistonbroke1
New-tral

PostPost by: stuart » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:58 pm

one piece if off a ford Anglia van, I believe all +2's were 2 piece with a joining piece at the centre
stuart
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: pistonbroke1 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:25 pm

Hello Stuart
Not sure, the person who wanted it for the Anglia said it was too long and that he was told that it was off a +2.
When I looked it up on another Lotus website the person was asking for a one piece trim from an early model. That posting was dated 2008 So I don't know.
That is why I want to find what it fits to sell it after the new year when the parcel post has gone quiet '
pistonbroke1
New-tral

PostPost by: alan.barker » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:46 am

on a +2 it is in 2 pi?ces and is stainless steel. What i had for sale was sold several weeks ago
Alan
Alan.b Brittany 1972 elan sprint fhc Lagoon Blue 0460E
alan.barker
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: DavidLB » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:51 pm

Vincent Haydon is haveing some made by a friend of mine. give him a call
David
DavidLB
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Craig Elliott » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:05 am

The +2 grill surround is the same as that used on the base model Ford Anglia and Ford Anglia van but it is narrower. It's made out of stainless steel and not chromed but it is cut down to fit the +2 (the middle piece is cut out so you end up with two pieces joined up with a small piece of stainless slotted into the trim to hold the ends together).
Craig Elliott
Third Gear
Third Gear

Total Online: