Lotus Elan

Rebuilt Lotus Twin Cam For Sale

PostPost by: adamsmc2 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:09 pm

082.jpg and
Hi Folks,

I have a fully rebuilt Twin cam engine for sale. The engine is a 701m (the hard one to find) SE Spec, which came from of a low mileage Plus 2 which was rear ended and went on fire. I purchased the engine which had been dry stored for 30yrs. The engine has been rebuilt by myself and I am a Motor Vehicle Engineer. The engine is on STD bores and STD 6 bolt crank. It is fully documented and photographed (I also have a video of it running in a spare chassis) It has new Lotus/Ford Pistons and all the usual other stuff (overhauled cylinder head with new guides and cut seats) and is fully balanced with a baffled sump. I have receipts for all the work carried out.
This is probably a unique chance to purchase a very sought after engine which is still standard.
You will notice from the attached picture that the cam cover is painted metallic blue this is because the engine was built as a spare for my 1964 S2 (which is soon to go up for sale) the correct colour for the cam cover was originally Red.

Offers in the region of ?4,000.00

The engine is situated near Edinburgh.

Adam Mob 07960875794
Last edited by adamsmc2 on Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
adamsmc2
New-tral

PostPost by: theelanman » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:13 am

Adam
you have PM
thanks
Gareth
theelanman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: l10tus » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:06 pm

Adam,

Should it not have been built with OEM Lotus Pistons ?

Ford ones are not suitable.

Regs,

Phil.
Philip.

UK '72 Sprint DHC

Sometimes my Lotus makes me cry.
l10tus
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: adamsmc2 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:17 pm

Phil Sorry I should have been more specific. The pistons were Lotus/Ford bought from miles Wilkins.

Adam.
adamsmc2
New-tral

Total Online: