Lotus Elan

14" signed steering wheel

PostPost by: daverubberduck » Mon May 11, 2015 10:35 am

For sale: 14" signed steering wheel with original vinyl (for baby Elan). There is no horn push but the vinyl is in excellent condition. There are no splits but there is a region where a split has been repaired at some point, and there is a slight uneveness here on the inner side. This region is at 7-8 o'clock (approx 4 inches). It was impossible to photograph this repair. As a comparison, I compared the feel with another 15" wheel I have that was re-covered by Nick Fulcher and the stitching on that feels much more bumpy than the repairs on this 14" wheel.

I have a +2 that is being restored and was desperate to find a signed steering wheel. I bought this one knowing it was for a baby Elan but thought I may be able to trade for a 15" wheel. I've since found a 15" wheel so no longer need this. I live in Essex if anyone wants to examine the wheel before buying. The price is ?600 + ?20 to cover p&p (in the UK). Note that about 18 months ago I offered MickG first refusal on this item but I have been unable to contact him. If he responds then I will stand by that offer.
Dave
Attachments
pic4.jpg and
pic3.jpg and
pic2.jpg and
pic1.jpg and
daverubberduck
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: pharriso » Mon May 11, 2015 10:52 am

Phil Harrison
1972 Elan Sprint 0260K
pharriso
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: daverubberduck » Mon May 11, 2015 11:52 am

Oh I'm so sorry, I had not seen that posting. That's very sad. My sincere condolences to his family and friends.
Dave
daverubberduck
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: daverubberduck » Sun May 17, 2015 7:49 pm

This steering wheel has now gone onto ebay, no reserve, low start price.
daverubberduck
Second Gear
Second Gear

Total Online: