Lotus Elan

For charity: Headlamp pod for sale. R/H (carb) side

PostPost by: elanner » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:20 am

For a good cause:

I have an old headlamp pod that is taking up space. Right hand side (carburetor side).

I got it with the box of parts that came with my Elan when I purchased it. I've no idea of its history, but it looks like it's been rattling around for years. It seems to be quite solid, no cracks, crazing, tears or not-worth-the-bother-to-fix problems. It obviously needs stripping and painting. And there are two areas that will need some surface filler (on the nose, and on the rim that is at the front when the pod is raised).

It's obviously not worth much (despite what some eBay sellers are hoping for). SJ Sportcars sells them new for 65 quid. But it seems a shame to toss it when maybe somebody could use it.

So, how about shipping plus 25 USD or 15 GBP to Grumpy Bodger's hospice charity?

http://www.westonhospicecaregroup.org.uk

My post office tells me shipping would be approx $15 to the lower 48, and $35 to the UK.

Nick

Elan-pod1.jpg and

Elan-pod2.jpg and

Elan-pod3.jpg and

Elan-pod4.jpg and

Elan-pod5.jpg and

Elan-pod6.jpg and

Elan-pod7.jpg and
elanner
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Mikemitch » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:45 pm

Hi, very interested in the headlamp pod, exactly what I need for my restoration project. I can make the donation to the charity, what about shipping payment?

Thanks
Mike
I live in Michigan
[email protected]
Mikemitch
New-tral

PostPost by: elanner » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:41 am

Thanks. PM sent.
elanner
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: